The Z-Probe ran fine but impact with my glass when print!
Hello! I want to use Repetier Firmware for my new 3D printer, but i faced a problem with the Z-probe function.
Here is my Probe system:
- I use a aluminum hot bed, solded a wire between the hotbed and connect it to GND on my Ramps.
- I use an other wire to connect the extruder with Z-min Pin on my Ramps. So when the extruder touch the hotbed, this system act as a mechanic switch and can be use for Z-probe.
- I use Z endstop on top of my machine and config it in Repetier firmware (0.92.8) as Max Z endstop. Also i disable the min Z min endstop and Z-min pin on Ramps.
- I use the Z-min pin on my Ramps for Z-probe.
What i want to do:
- I want to Z-probe and save on eeprom so i don't need to auto leveling every time use the machine to print.
- I want to have a LCD menu that i can use to do the Z-probe when i need.
- When Z-probing i will remove the glass (so the extruder and the aluminum hotbed can touch together) and will put it back when i print. The glass thickness is 4mm so i want the Machine offset this thickness when print.
The problem are:
- The default LCD menu don't have Z-probe function so i have use Repetier Host to do this.
- On Repetier Host i use "G32 S2" to start the Z-probe. The machine z-probe ran smooth and completed.
- I set the Z_PROBE_Z_OFFSET to 4mm (the glass thickness), set the Z_PROBE_HEIGHT to 0 mm (the extruder touch the hotbed when triggers).
- But when put back the glass and print, the extruder go down and impact with the glass.
Please help me:
- How to fix this problem and get a correct config?
- How to put a LCD command to do the Z-probe?
I'm not the coder so please tell me simple!