Find edges - XY Probe

edited July 2020 in Feature Requests
Hello. I use the repetier firmware in my cnc. I have made some changes to the code to improve my usability.

Laser mode. I can control the laser intensity using parameter S of commands G0 and G1.

CNC mode. I can control the spindle speed using parameter S of commands G0 and G1.

4th Axis. I used the Extruder 1 driver to drive the 4th axis motor.

A new need has now emerged and I am unable to continue with this development. I need to identify the edges of an object in X and Y. Just as the Z Probe works, I need to use the function on the other axes. Can you help me with some code or direction for this function?

Thank you.

Comments

• I have no code for this, but you could do it similar to x and y homing. So in case of your xy testing replace the xy endstops with your sensor signal but set flags for homing. Then you where they trigger and you can change the xy position accordingly. I hope that is what you are trying. Problem is that we don't count steps normally in that direction so position is lost, but if you reset it that is not so much a problem. Problem might be that xy boundary check fails from this not endstop position since the new positions mean different xy min/max values.
  • I am resuming the probe design in X and y, but I am trying in a different way than explained above.

I am trying to modify the BedLeveling :: runZProbe function.

I managed to modify it so that the x and y axes move according to the probe's need, but during the movement the probe signal is not recognized.

I'm not using the x / y Min and Max signals

The Probe pin I'm using is the 20

Will you help me? What can I be doing wrong?

Thanks
  • I am resuming the probe design in X and y, but I am trying in a different way than explained above.

I am trying to modify the BedLeveling :: runZProbe function.

I managed to modify it so that the x and y axes move according to the probe's need, but during the movement the probe signal is not recognized.

I'm not using the x / y Min and Max signals

The Probe pin I'm using is the 20

Will you help me? What can I be doing wrong?

Thanks
  • Which firmware are you using? V1 or V2?

Problem is that xy moves only test xy end stops during probing. Only z will test z probe in z probe mode. So in first place you need to make xy trigger on z probe signal so the movement stops.
  • Good Morning. Thanks for the answer. I still use 0.92. I made a lot of changes to the source code and now I'm stuck with that version until I have enough time to migrate all of them to the new version.

Could you give me a tip on how to insert the probe trigger when reading the x and y axes?

Thanks
  • About your question "Which firmware are you using? V1 or V2?"

On the download page there is only the option of 1.0.x and 0.92. I didn't see the V2 option. Where it is located?

Thanks
  • V2 is only on github when you select the dev2 branch. But xy probing is not implemented in any of them.

Part of the problem must be solved in Endstops::update() - only problem is you have no flag that you are z probing. So add a flag and make xy trigger min or max depending on the direction you probe and make it stop then. Next problem might be that we only count remaining steps so you need to measure distances from this on how much you moved. No problem for cartesian printer.