How to backup Repetier-Host registry entries

I want to backup all the config changes and additions I made to RH.
How do I backup RH registry entries?
How do I import them back into the registry?
The answer is NOT:
Export HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Repetier to a .reg file
Import the reg file
because it does not work.

Comments

• edited June 2019
    Actually exporting the registry with regedit is the answer.  What is the problem when you do so?

What it does not back up is slicer settings which are stored in separate directories. These can be just zipped and saved somewhere.
  • I can export the repetier key. However, when it is imported, the characters at the end of the lines of code for the scripts are not read properly by the importer. They are 0D, 00, 0D, 00, 0A. ==> CR, CR, LF
    All other lines only have one CR and import properly.
    So how do I eliminate one of the CR in the export OR
    How do I make the import work with 2 CRs?

• when I export the repetier key, the export adds a CR to each line of code.
    If I look at the code line in Regedit there is only 1 0D.
    When I export it and look at the reg file, there are 2 0D s
    It is only the code lines, I assume it is because the other lines do not contain a 0D, 0A sequence.
  • edited July 2019
  • Had a look into the registry. Looks like all strings get stored in utf-16 format. Since regedit import/export seems to be the only one having the problem it is more a problem there. 

But on testing the strings all finished to 00 00 which is correct. Exported multiline strings look like this

"gcodeScript1"="; Prepare height map

G28

G1 Z30 F12000

T1

"

which is absolutely correct as far as I can say. This is on a current windows 10 system.
  • The problem is when I try to import them to the registry, only one line appears.
    I have tried many variations and editid the reg file with notepad++, a hex editor, Uedit and I can find no combination that will import properly.
    How do others backup these registry entries so they import properly? Or is the answer, export is just for reference and one must fix the script entries after import.

• Registry editor exports them wrong so guess you need to edit them after reimport.
  • No, it does not exists and some settings are not copyable since they involve directories that may be located at different positions. Except for slicer profiles all settings are saved in the registry and you could export/import it using Regedit - the key is HKCU/Software/repetierHost
    Regards,
    Lewis