PB : This site can't be reached

Hello,

I had not turned on my PI3B+ for 2 weeks and I was in pro version 0.92.1 but since today when I turn my PI I fall on this page :

I have not touched any settings since the last connection, the server is connected for a few minutes then told me that it had lost the connection I saw that it was automatically changed to version 0.92.3

what should I do ? ???  :(

Thank you for your help
Jeremy L.

Comments

• First try reload. If for any reason chromium would boot faster then server it can not load start screen.

If it does not help it is likely that server is not running. So login to ssh console and run
    ps aux | grep tier
    and see if repetier-server is running. If not start it manually
    sudo service RepetierServer restart

and reload screen. If it still does not work check server log
    tail -300 /var/lib/Repetier-Server/logs/server.log

for hints.

Updating 0.92.3 is not done on it self. If you have it you did at least hit the autoupdate button. Maybe there was a problem during update that broke the system, e.g. disk full? You can reinstall it manually as described in manual for first installation. Will preserve old settings.
  • edited September 2019
    Hello and thank you very much for your help, yes I pressed the button update then I had a message "oops, the connection was lost" and since I have this problem.
    If I reinstall the image on my raspberry with the same SD card I lose 1 license pro?

I will try to connect in ssh to execute your order: ps aux | grep tier
    and see what that gives
    I keep you informed in the day

Thks ! :)

• I had to re-install the latest 0.92.2 image and re-enter my license, now everything is working again. Does this suppress 1 license on the 5? to upgrade to 0.92.3 you have to press the update? How long have I supposed to take the update?
  • Normally it will reuse the license on same machine. If your 5 are up due to such problems drop us mail with the code and we reset it for you, so don't worry about that.

Update time depends on download speed, but after you loose connection seeing upps it should be around 2 minutes until it is restarted and reconnects on a pi3. On slow sd cards maybe a bit longer.

Did it happen again? I have just run autoupdate on one of my PIs from 92.2 to 92.3 and it worked.
  • Repetier said:
    Normally it will reuse the license on same machine. If your 5 are up due to such problems drop us mail with the code and we reset it for you, so don't worry about that.

Update time depends on download speed, but after you loose connection seeing upps it should be around 2 minutes until it is restarted and reconnects on a pi3. On slow sd cards maybe a bit longer.

Did it happen again? I have just run autoupdate on one of my PIs from 92.2 to 92.3 and it worked.
    Thank you for the clarification. I did not update again for fear of starting all over again. Maybe if I plug RJ45, my chances are better to upgrade to 0.92.3 ?

Tks
    Jérémy
  • Ethernet is always better then wifi but if you get the update it installs the same, so should not make any difference.
  • Generally this happens when the service running on your localhost has some problem resolving the request. If you have access to logs, please see logs for more details on the error. Also, make sure the application interface, server, and services are running. There are many situations that might trigger “this site can’t be reached” error in browsers. Sometimes the server is still running but the interface application is closed or the database is down. If your application interface and server is up but a dependent service is down then restart your computer/server and restart services. Make sure the app is bound to localhost. It may just be bound to an individual interface. netstat -na will give you the clues you need. Run a port scan on your computer and make sure the port is opened.  

• I am having similar issues, but on Windows.
    What are the debug procedures for windows if rebooting everyone doesn't fix it.
    I know I have connectivity as PING works fine, but something else isn't there...
  • Your browser and server are both on windows or just browser? What url did you try? 127.0.0.1:3344 only works on the computer where server is running. Eventually try disabling firewall temporarily in case it is blocking that connection. If it works then, add server to the allowed list.