Using Due Without EEPROM

Hi,
  I am using an Arduino Due with no external EEPROM to run a CNC Delta. I just have my motor drivers wired directly with no RADDS or other card.

Is there an option for simulating EEPROM so I can remember Z-Probe results after power cycling?

How would I configure that?

Thank you.

Comments

• There are only 2 ways for permanent storage - EEPROM or sd card. You can wire quite easy the eeprom chip to power and I2C pins as one possible solution.
  • Repetier said:
    There are only 2 ways for permanent storage - EEPROM or sd card. You can wire quite easy the eeprom chip to power and I2C pins as one possible solution.
    I would like to wire in the EEPROM as my preferred solution.

Would this wiring such as the RADDS uses be easy to configure support for in firmware?

• Yes, you see it in pins.h for board 402 on what to add to your board/config to make it use the eeprom. So if you wire exactly as on radds schematics all you need is the settings from radds board definition for eeprom - meaning address and eeprom type.
  • edited June 2019
    G
  • jvbiondo said:
    Repetier said:
    There are only 2 ways for permanent storage - EEPROM or sd card. You can wire quite easy the eeprom chip to power and I2C pins as one possible solution.
    I would like to wire in the EEPROM as my preferred solution.

Would this wiring such as the RADDS uses be easy to configure support for in firmware?

Great, thank you for the quick answer.