Under Extrusion after a retract

Hello, I am having a problem were after the extruder retracts the filament and the head moves to a new place that place gets under extruded for a bit. I think the filament it being retracted farther than it's being extruded after the retract. I would really appreciate some help because I can't find a setting for this in the slicer. (I'm using curaengine)

Thanks,

Comments

• Yäou can add extra extrusion length after retract if the problem is that big. In general on start of extrusion you will normally have less and when decellerating you get more filament.
  • What type of extruder,  bowden or direct drive ?
    What retraction length do you have set in the slicer atm ?

• MartinH said:
    What type of extruder,  bowden or direct drive ?
    What retraction length do you have set in the slicer atm ?

Repetier said:
    Yäou can add extra extrusion length after retract if the problem is that big. In general on start of extrusion you will normally have less and when decellerating you get more filament.

It's a directs extruder, my retract length is set to 5mm. I tried slic3r instead of curaengine and found the setting. But it's still under extruded in places. Here is a picture of a benchy I printed with the new settings, it looks the same from before I changed the setting.

Thanks for the reply. 
  • 5mm is quite a lot on a direct drive extruder, i use a mk8 direct  and have retraction set at 0.8mm speed 50mm/s

• This is more then unretract i think. The defects look quite prominent so it might be extruder is slipping from high speed or low temperature.