Random crashes after upgrade to Windows 10 AND latest 1.5

13»

Comments

• ijourneaux Does it work in stl view? The fix was only for those having crashes when switching to gcode view. I think your problem is more driver incompatibility related.
  • It does work in STL view.  I can rotate/zoom the objects there without a problem. I get the crash is when I switch to view the g-code. Sometimes I can switch to gcode view and not crash but  most of the time the crash occurs immediately. It looks like the memory consumption goes through the roof.

• Preview gcode takes much memory depending on filament visualization quality even very much. Select medium quality and you should be able to view at least 50mb if you have 4gb ram. Try with smaller models first for testing if it is only a ram thing.

What drawing method do you have selected?
  • Sorry for picking this back up so late. 
    Model size doesn't seem to matter. I have quality set to medium

Here are the entries in the Log file.

15:50:09.118 : OpenGL version:1.1.0
    15:50:09.118 : OpenGL extensions:GL_WIN_swap_hint GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_paletted_texture
    15:50:09.118 : OpenGL renderer:GDI Generic
    15:50:09.118 : Fast VBOs for rendering not supported. Using slower default method.

CapsViewer indicates that the driver is OpenGL 3.1

• Please try the other OpenTK 3d library on install. As you can see the OpenTK library has selected microsoft generic driver and that is not working well and known to crash. Wished I knew how to force it using the right driver somehow. Some users also had success with different OpenGL drivers. As soon as host/opne tk selects the hardware openGL it will work stable.
  • I reinstalled Repetier-Host and selected the other library (Just to make sure this is the item in the dialog with the checkboxes that refers to useng that version if the other didn't work) 

Unfortunately this did not change the behavior. The detected OpenGL is 1.1.0.

Do I have to do anything special to get it to use the older library?

• No,just installing with option toggled is enough. SO only other graphic card driver would be a last test.
  • I guess I am SOL. This used to work under Win7 but with Win10 the version of OpenGL is nolonger correctly detected. 
    Thanks for trying to help.
    Ian