DEV2: Bed leveling grid area wrong?
yesterday I grabbed the version from github to restart working with my printer.
- I use EEPROM
- I use Repetier Server
In my configuration.h it is written:
#define LEVELING_METHOD 1
#define L_P1_X 15
#define L_P1_Y 280
#define L_P2_X 15
#define L_P2_Y 15
#define L_P3_X 280
#define L_P3_Y 15
#define GRID_SIZE 4
#define ENABLE_BUMP_CORRECTION 1 // CPU intensive, so only activate if required
#define BUMP_CORRECTION_START_DEGRADE 0.5 // Until this height we correct 100%
#define BUMP_CORRECTION_END_HEIGHT 2 // From this height on we do no correction
#define BUMP_LIMIT_TO 1.5 // Maximum allowed correction up/down, <= 0 off.
My bed is 300x300mm² large.
I cannot find zje L_P1_X ... values in the EEPROM.
I switch on my printer and enter G32 S2 by Repetier Server.
What I observe:
- Homing z,y,x as I wish.
- It moves down to the height where it should start the bed levelling
- It moves in x/y by the distances given in EEPROM "Z-probe X offset [mm]=-108" and "Z-probe Y offset [mm]=-10"
(everything as expected)
- It moves to the first point where it should measure the height of the bed.
Here it moves to (1|1) instead of (15|280). There might be a reason for starting in the liwer left edge, but this would be in my case (15|15). I cannot find any EEPROM setting which could override the setting from the config. Is that correct? The upper right point is (191|291) as I can read from the display during levelling.
- It moves along the different point of a 4x4 grid, but in fact it is not symmetric as expected. Total x-distance is smaller than total y-distance (where y is correct)
- After finishing it seems to home
- It moves to the y-center, but a bit left of the x-center (some cm).
- It looks like it's moving by "Z-probe X/Y offset" landing RIGHT of the x-center
- It probes
- It it is moving back by "Z-probe X/Y offset"
Bold ist what I do not understand.
It looks for me like there is somewhere an override position/area for the grid - or it is simply not defined by the L_P... points. Where can I find the correct definition? The only other reasonable point would be
(1|1) and (191|291) may come from
LC_P... in the configuration.h, but they are totally different.
#define Z_PROBE_BORDER 1
with a bed of the 190x290 mm², but than the upper right point is calculated wrong.
In LevelingMethod.cpp I can find getBedRectangle xMin, xMax, yMin, YMax, which lets me assume, that it does not use the points mentioned above, but the bed dimensions.
In my EEPROM I have set:
Printer Bed X Min [mm] = 0
Printer Bed Y Min [mm] = 0
Printer Bed X Max [mm] = 280
Printer Bed Y Max [mm] = 280
If this is used, I would expect lower left: (1|1) upper right (279|279), which does not fit to the values (191|291).
1. Which settings are used for the grid area?
2. Why is it not connected to the bed area?
3. What am I doing wrong?