Almost there.... and strange behaviour

2»

Comments

• The reason is simply that you make your fat line before heating the extruder and cold extrusion is disallowed cause it would not work any way. Put it after heating the extruder.

wait ist just a message from firmware that it has finished all commands and wants something to do. Is ok.
  • my start G-code heats the extruder.... 

; [mm] mode
    G21
    ; absolute mode
    G90
    ;Home
    G28
    ;Turn on electronics fans
    ;M42 P? S255
    ; Heat up bed
    M140 S60
    G1 X0 Y90 F5000 ; Go to the middle of the front
    ;Get close to the bed
    G1 Z0.05
    ;wait  for Z to move down
    G4 S30
    ;heat nozzle and wait for it to reach temp
    M109 S180
    ; make a thick line to prime extruder
    G1 X50 E5 F200 
    ;lift Z 
    G1 Z0.3
  • Ok, i got fooled by repetiers send ahead which shows heating after command beeing send, but ok it should not get executed before heating is finished.
    You should in any case add a
    G92 E0
    before using extruder. There is also a variable stopping long extrusions but that is normally set to 100mm or so not 5. You could set if you can extruder 10mm with manual control.
  • ok, will add the G92 E0 just before the Fat line

will also check how much i can extrude manual... 

it will be at weekend at tonight is going to be assembly of new extruder with better thermistors than before

The variable you talk about that must be in firmware right? or have i by mistake set it in my start G code?
  • Yes, I mean this

/** Prevent extrusions longer then x mm for one command. This is especially important if you abort a print. Then the
    extrusion poistion might be at any value like 23344. If you then have an G1 E-2 it will roll back 23 meter! */
    #define EXTRUDE_MAXLENGTH 100

• it's set to 160 so should not be a problem.... will test in weekend