Problem with x,y, axis Printing squareness issue ?

2»

Comments

• edited October 2018
    OK Im back live at the moment running a dry run tall print test to see if Z axis misses any steps or gets out of alignment during this long tall simulated print cycle.

• Skip to end of my last video to see what I found on my z axis
  • edited October 2018
    So basically to summarise, I reduced my z-axis acceleration and my z-axis travel acceleration from the 100 setting changing it to 30, and this has at least solved one problem of the left and right stepper motors from going out of synchronisation which means having to manually turn the right z-axis stepper motor back is no longer required and also helps maintain a straight vertical climb while printing tall objects. (no leaning tower of Pisa prints ;)

I suspect their was also a certain amount of thread binding on the threaded rods caused my high acceleration of the Z steppers, this can cause oscillation between the nuts and thread making one or both threads bind and jam which equals lost steps, the slower speed seems to have cured that problem. It maybe due to this being an old printer and worn threads can oscillate more.

I will test further to see how these improvements effect the squareness and true measurements on my Y axis over the next day or so.

• edited October 2018
    Little update I solved the leaning tower of pissa problem trued up the alignment much better, today my new MXL15T pulleys arrived so fitted those on the x,y, steppers, re-calibrated my x,y, steps per MM and after all that still see that annoying 1mm out on the left side so basically the problem I started out trying to fix is still there :( but at least I got a bunch of other issues sorted out so still need solution, it starts to look like a firmware problem ?

Is their a way to extract i.e. backup existing firmware from the eeprom ? so I can try re flashing it with less risk ?

Michelle