0.92.9 weird compiler error out of the blue

This is very strange. This morning I successfully compiled and upload a 0.92 build of Repetier firmware onto my Due (Smart Ramps and AZSMZ 12864 LCD), after having SD card troubles with 1.0.2.

But now I can't compile any 0.92 builds anymore, with an error occuring during linking:

Linking everything together...
"C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -Os -Wl,--gc-sections "-TC:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.11\variants\arduino_due_x/linker_scripts/gcc/flash.ld" "-Wl,-Map,C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_163894/Repetier.ino.map"  -o "C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_163894/Repetier.ino.elf" "-LC:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_163894" -Wl,--cref -Wl,--check-sections -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,--entry=Reset_Handler -Wl,--unresolved-symbols=report-all -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--warn-section-align -Wl,--start-group -u _sbrk -u link -u _close -u _fstat -u _isatty -u _lseek -u _read -u _write -u _exit -u kill -u _getpid "C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_163894\sketch\BedLeveling.cpp.o" "C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_163894\sketch\Commands.cpp.o" "C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_163894\sketch\Communication.cpp.o" "C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_163894\sketch\Drivers.cpp.o" "C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_163894\sketch\Eeprom.cpp.o" "C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_163894\sketch\Extruder.cpp.o" "C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_163894\sketch\HAL.cpp.o" "C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_163894\sketch\Printer.cpp.o" "C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_163894\sketch\Repetier.ino.cpp.o" "C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_163894\sketch\SDCard.cpp.o" "C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_163894\sketch\SdFat.cpp.o" "C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_163894\sketch\gcode.cpp.o" "C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_163894\sketch\motion.cpp.o" "C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_163894\sketch\ui.cpp.o" "C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_163894\sketch\uilang.cpp.o" "C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_163894\libraries\SPI\SPI.cpp.o" "C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_163894\core\variant.cpp.o" "C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.11\variants\arduino_due_x/libsam_sam3x8e_gcc_rel.a" "C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_163894/core\core.a" -Wl,--end-group -lm -gcc
C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_163894\sketch\Commands.cpp.o: In function `Commands::processMCode(GCode*)':

C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_163894\sketch/Commands.cpp:2376: undefined reference to `uid'

C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_163894\sketch/Commands.cpp:2286: undefined reference to `UIDisplay::executeAction(unsigned int, bool)'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Using library SPI at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.11\libraries\SPI 
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Due (Programming Port).

The strange thing is that this happens even with firmware files downloaded straight from the 0.92 configuration tool, no editing at all! I installed the Arduino IDE and Due board files onto another computer which has never been used before for this, and it gets the same errors.

I'm tearing my hair out as between 1.0.2 having SD card issues and 0.92 not compiling, I'm left with a printer I can't really use! d'oh

Comments

• The uid missing is the base object for lcd display. Do you have a printer without lcd? In that case deleting lines 2376 and 2286 would at least make it compile again, also there should be a safeguard to not use the function if it is not enabled.