First Layer issues... (still)

13»

Comments

• If you have the magnetic buildtak plate it should be possible to bend it enough to remove it. Otherwise you need one position to get between buildtak and object, edges often work good. With some sharp oven cleaner if you know what I mean you can force this a bit, but be carefull not to hurt yourself or cut into the buildtak. Then you need a stronger spatula (buildtak has a great spatula for this). If you get enough below it you can but some up force on the object and close pla will get loose (hopefully). The more you get loose the easier it gets then.
  • Thank you...
    I re-heated the bed to 60, then with the careful application of my box knife (that blade is too thick), and a few well chosen words of encouragement.. 
    I finally got the parts to come free...
    Here is what i have!! (yes.. I am quite happy now..).
    Here is one uncleaned part...

And a pic of the first layer from the bottom..

and after a bit of cleaning

again...
    a HUGE THANK YOU for all of the help here...
    I REALLY appreciate all of the advice..

Any thoughts on the prints??
    Do you see any issues with any of it?
  • Underside looks good. You still can see the lines which are not 100% filled. You might add some extra space to get it better off, but it is also supposed to stick good so it does not go up in edges. And as you saw it really can hold an object.

For such objects brim is not necessary and only extra work removing it, a skirt to fill is enough.

I also see much ooze on your outside. That comes from bad retraction settings is slicer and should get some better. It will always do some, but that is a level I think can be improved. Try retracting a bit more and retract fast (30-50 mm/s). How much you need to retract depends on the extruder systems. Bowden type needs much mor ethen direct drives where 1-2mm is often enough. But do not overretract. Just find the spot where it is enough to reach next point. Retraction is bad for filament if you do sever retracts over same spot (happens with short extruded parts) and also extruders do not like very big retractions.