Z_MAX_PIN

Hi!

Just configured and downloaded DEV firmware and when compling arduino ide says "#error You defined hardware z max endstop without pin assignment. Set pin number for Z_MAZ_PIN"

But i did assign original max endstop pin in the firmware configurator and when i upload configuration.h to edit in configurator, it says " z max pin".

Is this a bug or am i doing some wrong?

It works with configured ver. 0.92 but not DEV firmware.

I have a Z-probe so i mounted a z max endstop after reading here on the forum that it's good to have ;)
Everything works perfect (so far, still tweaking the settings) with ver. 0.92 regarding z-probing.

Comments

• You use the symbolic name so it depends on pins.h board definition if that name has a assigned pin. What board are you using?

What always works is selecting explicitly the pin number from the dropdown.
  • edited November 2016
    Hi!
     Thanks for supporting in this matter.

I'm using a mega 2560 with ramps on cartesian printer.
     Think i found the problem, i DID assign the pin in configurator AND i DID asign ramps 1.4, BUT, now when i look in the config, it's melzi board thats choosen so in some way just that option did not "stick" apparently :P

Trying again now and doing some double checking this time ;)

Thanks anyway for a realy nice firmware thats growing more and more to be closer to the ultimate firmware, keep up the realy good work :)

EDIT:
    Yepp, now it seems to work :P