[0.92.8, Delta] ENDSTOP_(X|Y|Z)_BACK_MOVE reduces Z_MAX_LENGTH

Maybe a bug, but maybe just not well documented: When ENDSTOP_(X|Y|Z)_BACK_MOVE is non zero, it will reduce Z_MAX_LENGTH by an appropriate amount in Deltas. If it is not a bug, may I propose to document this behaviour in the Firmware configurator? Something in the way like "This will reduce your total build height, i.e. Z_MAX_LENGTH" would be enough.

Btw: If I may add, after homing and moving to G1 Z-ENDSTOP_(X|Y|Z)_BACK_MOVE, an G1 X0 Y0 (or G1 X X_MIN_POS Y Y_MIN_POS) would be appropriate to compensate for Delta's Tower Endstop offset settings.

Best,
Peter

Comments

• Yes, this reduces the build height, but you should also note that at that height build radius is 0 so this not really true as you can not move in x/y direction without hitting an endstop and causing a unwanted shift. So this is more to protect you from that problem and should not be confused with endstop offsets that are to make it level to bed.
  • Ok, thought so, ty. Still, the documentation in the Firmware configurator may be updated a bit to notify the user about this. I do think it's a great feature, allowing for defining a completely printable cylinder. Ty!