wrong z - direction for the z-probe on my prusa i3

Hello all, I am using it as the Z-min endstop with Z-max endstop and that works fine . But when I go to probe, the x-axis and y-axis moved correctly. but z-axis moved inverse.
If I set "true" for the "#define INVERT_Z_DIR" then z-probe moved wrong direction for the z-axis.
but I set "false" then it has go to wrong direction for the z-axis in printing. is there any way to solve this issue?
I got a log from the G31 command this " Z-probe state:H". what is meaning? 
Below is my z-probing conf for the z-axis in my Configuration.h file:
// #################### end stop for the z-axis #####################
#define ENDSTOP_PULLUP_Z_MIN true
#define ENDSTOP_PULLUP_Z_MAX true
#define ENDSTOP_Z_MIN_INVERTING true
#define ENDSTOP_Z_MAX_INVERTING true
#define MIN_HARDWARE_ENDSTOP_Z true
#define MAX_HARDWARE_ENDSTOP_Z true
#define Z_ENABLE_ON 0
#define INVERT_Z_DIR true
#define Z_HOME_DIR 1  
#define ENDSTOP_Z_BACK_MOVE 5
#define min_software_endstop_z false
#define max_software_endstop_z false
#define ENDSTOP_Z_BACK_ON_HOME 0
#define Z_MAX_LENGTH 180
#define Z_MIN_POS 0
// #################### Z-Probing #####################
#define Z_PROBE_PULLUP true
#define Z_PROBE_ON_HIGH true
#define Z_PROBE_WAIT_BEFORE_TEST false 

Comments

• Set invert z dir such that positive z moves increase distance between bed and extruder.
    z home dir 1 is correct for z max endstop.

z probe can be connected to zmin pins, but is not identical with zmin endstop, That is why you set the pin for z probe as well. So normally you should have hardware z min set to false in your case.

G31 H means z probe is triggering. Should be L before you start probing, or it will go in wrong direction from the start. So i guess you need
    #define Z_PROBE_ON_HIGH false

• edited November 2014
    thanks for your advice. I will try to probe it now. 

and hardware z min was true surely. 

I have tested now as you said. but it show me error: z-probe failed. 

z-axis direction is right worked. but it suddenly stopped when pressed the probe end stop 

so this time G31 code out put L with pressed the probe switch now. it also output L without pressed... 

• Set invert z dir such that positive z moves increase distance between bed and extruder.
    z home dir 1 is correct for z max endstop.

z probe can be connected to zmin pins, but is not identical with zmin endstop, That is why you set the pin for z probe as well. So normally you should have hardware z min set to false in your case.

G31 H means z probe is triggering. Should be L before you start probing, or it will go in wrong direction from the start. So i guess you need
    #define Z_PROBE_ON_HIGH false

ah sorry... I have entered wrong pin number... I have entered 63.. but z-min is 18 .. 
  • Me too got the same issue with my sunhokey prusa i3.  https://www.3dprintersonlinestore.com/full-acrylic-reprap-prusa-i3-kit

Got help from reprap forum. 
  • Did you ever figure this one out. I am having the same issue.
    Printing works great but can't get Z-Probe to work.
    All directions are fine. Homing works fine. But when I G30, the printer goes up rather than down.
    When I G29 then I get a Z-Probe fail.

josephfrancis can you point to the reprap forum entry that helped?
  • Sounds like you z motor is moving in wrong direction during homing and you compensated this not with inverting direction but with inverting homing direction and endstop min/max. Probe goes always to negative z. Depending on your printer type it will go up first (deltas). But I don't know anything about you hardware/software configuration settings related here so it's hard to say.
  • Hello, I have stopped working auto level bed about a year ago after the update Repiter-Host.My probe Z goes now on the top instead of going down, what to do?
  • Reset Zero before probing. Done. It drove me mad for months before I figured it out.