Launch Ultimaker Cura when slicing and not just the Curaengine?

I've grown accustom to only using Repetier-Host to control my printer and slicing I've done with Slic3r.  Moving toward mutlicolor & multi-extruder printing, it seems Ultimaker Cura is very straight forward when slicing and combining, something I don't think can be done with Repetier.  Like I said, I love the Repetier interface for controlling my printer, but when I click Slice I'd like to launch the full Ultimaker Cura tool.  Is that possible?  What I've done to date is launch Cura and do my slicing and then load the gcode into Repetier.  Looking for advice since multi-extruder printing is very new to me.

Steve

Comments

• No we only include the cureengine, so it is not possible to launch the cura app. So your current solution is th eonly one except maybe switching to prusaslicer which has better multi extruder support e.g. can use also only extruder 2.
  • I, too, have grown accustom to using Repetier-Host. Recent improvements in 3D Printer software have made possible the use of G2's and G3's ( Arc Movements ).  Similarly, I currently go back and forth using the  Cura-Engine plugin, and/or, external from Repetier-Host, slicing my parts using Ultimaker Cura, (now at version 5.3.1 ) for which there is a plugin, ArcWelder.  ArcWelder actually joins the itty-bitty, teentsey, weentsey, segments of circles or radii into a smooth hole or curve.  In my use, it cuts my file size to almost half, and cuts down print time a bunch.  ANYWAY..... I didn't come here to advertise.  I am looking for a way to integrate Ultimaker Cura as a plugin.  So, I am struggling with making " Add Slicer " in the Slicer Manager.  So far, all that I can do is add the name I want.  Has anyone had any success with this endeavor?
  • This will not work. Add Slicer can only support slicers with known command line parameter and where we can read the configs. CuraEngine 2+ is so much more complicated that this is not possible any more.
  • Repetier said:
    This will not work. Add Slicer can only support slicers with known command line parameter and where we can read the configs. CuraEngine 2+ is so much more complicated that this is not possible any more.

Thank You for your reply.
    You are being polite and respectful when You say: "much more complicated". Ultimaker-Cura has is a HUGE learning curve.  I am very content to use the CuraEngine' package that is within Repetier-Host v2.3.1.   It is "simple", "Straightforward" and does an excellent job.  I use it for 99% of my 3D print work.  So, when using "The Big Guns" (Ultimaker-Cura), it makes for a lot of sitting still.  Perhaps, in the future, the CuraEngine could add circular interpolation similar to the addin of ArcWelder that UltimakerCura has.  I most likely, would have no use for UltiMaker-Cura, if that were the case.

Meantime...Enjoy Life.  I Do.