SD Card Reader Setup

Hi all,

Can't seem to get my SD card reader to function, this is the code in Repeteir Firmware Configuration H:

#ifndef SDSUPPORT  // Some boards have sd support on board. These define the values already in pins.h
#define SDSUPPORT 0
#define SDCARDDETECT -1
#define SDCARDDETECTINVERTED 0
#endif
#define SD_EXTENDED_DIR 1 /** Show extended directory including file length. Don't use this with Pronterface! */
#define SD_RUN_ON_STOP ""
#define SD_STOP_HEATER_AND_MOTORS_ON_STOP 1

What else do I need to do with this to make the thing work?

Please advise.

Comments

• #define SDSUPPORT 0
    should be
    #define SDSUPPORT 1
    if you have a sd card. Also this section only makes sense if neither board nor lcd controller has a sd card defined otherwise it has been taken from there.

Also SDSS defines which pin is used as sd select. Make sure it is set to your pin. Normally define din pins.h

• Ok,

Changed #define SDSUPPORT 0 to 1, so how does that relate to pins.h as shown below?

#define SDPOWER            -1 // -1 default setting
    #define SDSS               53
    #define ORIG_SDCARDDETECT      49

• 0 is off and 1 is on. At least for functions where you set values and not only a empty define.
  • OK, so how does this script from pins.h below relate to the definitions in configuration.h above? 

#define SDPOWER            -1 // -1 default setting
    #define SDSS               53
    #define ORIG_SDCARDDETECT      49

• pins.h defines defaults or even enables sd card depending on board. Configuration.h allows you to overwrite all settings if you decide to do differently. So all that matters is that after parsing configuration.h the variables have the right values set. Only thing with sd card is if you select a lcd controller it can overwrite sd card settings at a later stage.
  • Not very helpful, do you sell the book "Firmware for Dummies"? Used the firmware configuration tool on the Repetier website and tried every different variation of SD Card reader until one worked for me. Simples!
  • @Tooluser: No, he doesn't sell books.  He gives the information away for free:

http://www.repetier.com/documentation/repetier-firmware/rf-installation/

• Not very helpful, do you sell the book "Firmware for Dummies"? Used the firmware configuration tool on the Repetier website and tried every different variation of SD Card reader until one worked for me. Simples!
    HI tooluser. can you tell me wich configuration finally worked for you? I have the same problem