Button To inject Gcode

hello,

I'm building an hybrid CNC/CO2 laser machine with one arm for cnc and one for laser, and I wanna know if it's possible to use a pin of the motherboard to inject gcode : Exemple

CNC/ Laser Button connected to pin XX => When pressed : CNC Mode, when not pressed : Laser mode

if laser mode, put gcode for laser mode, then change X and Y step/mm (there are two arms connected to the same drivers)
then,
if button pressed, put gcode for CNC mode, then change X and Y step/mm and put relay pin to high (to change motors arm by changing connected motor connections to the second ones)

Another question, repetier V1 still doesn't handle PWM laser option, isn't it ?
Is there a way to talk directly with a dev by skype or watever mean to talk more deeply and quickly of my project since i've a lot of questions ?

Thanks by advance

Comments

• That is actually a terrible because complicated setup and handling that will be no fun and there is a easy solution that fixes maybe all problems without special handling required.

Switch to V2 firmware (dev2 branch on github) and use a RUMBA32 board.
    Select the dual x printer type. That supports 2 x motors where each motor has one tool and they can have different resolutions as well. Also in V2 the mode depends on the tool so if tool 0 is extruder you are in fdm mode. If tool 1 is then a laser selecting it makes it laser mode. Ok we have no modes but it has different tools with special settings.

In addition it has hardware PWM support for the laser including gamma correction to adjust to different materials.

Only thing it does not support is 2 resolutions for y axis. How can that be? I understand it for x axis but for Y? So you would need to send gcode to set resolution on selection. There is a select extruder gcode you can use for this (also same for v1). So by selecting extruder you can run gcode.

Problem with v1 (which also has dual x) is that it does not have different resolutions for x axis and no hardware pwm for laser. You need to write that on your own.
  • Well I may haven't explained myself clearly enough. 

there's two dedicated arms with their own dedicated motors (two Y motors for CNC and two Y motors for Laser. one X motor for laser and one x motor for cnc.) The cnc arm is driven by endless screws and the laser arm is driven by belts (that explain why i must change the step/mm value)

to change motors without having to unplug them, I use relays to switch signal from laser motors to cnc motors. It's the same motors drivers but not the same motors depending on the mode used

I'll need some help to setup the V2 of repetier. I tried countless time but to be honnest I don't understand anything. I can even pay if needed but I already have a printer that I need to switch to V2 and I failed
  • I am using repetier for my cnc/3d/laser system. I added ESP8266 with ESP3D firmware. I can easily send gcodes by using macros. This is really handy.

I also use relay board. To control relays, i put gcodes in sd  card. One file to open one pin. You can also send parameters.
  • I am using repetier for my cnc/3d/laser system. I added ESP8266 with ESP3D firmware. I can easily send gcodes by using macros. This is really handy.

I also use relay board. To control relays, i put gcodes in sd  card. One file to open one pin. You can also send parameters.
    I'm very curious on your ways to solve every problem, can we get in touch by instant messagery so we can talk further ?