Cannot download Repetier-host for Windows

Hi,
I recently acquired an old XYZ Da Vinci 1.0 and after reading plenty on line about the problems this printer had I upgraded to Repetier firmware. The compilation and download process went well and I can control the printer through the menu system.

Next I tried to download Repetier-Host for Windows. I got to the donation page but the download does not start. I tried again, made a donation, and again am returned to the download page and the download is not progressing in the background. I have tired 3 different PC with the same result:
  1. sometimes I am directed to the donation page where clicking 'download without donation' takes me back to the top of the download page;
  2. or the link has no effect and nothing happens
As mentioned I have tried three different PC, have tried Chrome, Chrome Incognito and Edge browsers - all with the same result. I also turned of the Chrome Safe Browsing feature at one point but it made no difference.

So, I have come to the conclusion there could be a problem with the web site, hence this post. Hopefully it is not finger trouble!

Is the download available as a ZIP?

Regards,
Graham

Comments

• Tried the continue without donation link and it send me correctly to https://www.repetier.com/download-now/

So that seems to work. Then select the windows version for download. It is an exe file no zip available. Download link in this case would be http://download.repetier.com/files/host/win/setupRepetierHost_2_1_6.exe and should start when clicked. Except if you have some filter preventing exe downloads.
  • Thanks for confirming the site is behaving as you expect.

I have tried Google Chrome again after looking through all possible settings but it still doesn't commence the download so 'somewhere' it must be applying a filter as you suggest.

I have tried again with Edge and this time it was successful - don't know what changed between attempts.

Thanks,
    Graham