servo wont move with auto bed leveling

i used firmware tool 0.92 as 0.91 does not have 12864 lcd screen.trying to get auto bed leveling working,conected the servo to pwr pins...+,_ and pin 6, tried many servos, wont will respond with g code commands, there is 5v on the board as checked with a multi meter, tried reassigning pin 6 to pin 4,5 and z endstop max, tried a separate 5v supply, nothing happens apart from g29 i think it was that sends the extruder to 3 positions but again, no servo movement, also noticed on the forum, it says that the top line in code, people type #define FEATURE_SERVO TRUE
but on mine it has #define FEATURE_SERVO 1
which is what the firmware tool gave me, all of it works out as this.
#define FEATURE_SERVO 1
#define SERVO0_PIN 6
#define SERVO1_PIN -1
#define SERVO2_PIN -1
#define SERVO3_PIN -1
#define SERVO0_NEUTRAL_POS  -1
#define SERVO1_NEUTRAL_POS  -1
#define SERVO2_NEUTRAL_POS  -1
#define SERVO3_NEUTRAL_POS  -1
#define UI_SERVO_CONTROL 1
#define FAN_KICKSTART_TIME  200

if people are saying how to change it then what is the point of the firmware tool if it does not work, but how can i fix this, my printer is a home build 300mmx300mx235mm and used prusa parts

Comments

• all of it is like this, was not enougth room above.

• #define FEATURE_SERVO 1
    #define SERVO0_PIN 6
    #define SERVO1_PIN -1
    #define SERVO2_PIN -1
    #define SERVO3_PIN -1
    #define SERVO0_NEUTRAL_POS  -1
    #define SERVO1_NEUTRAL_POS  -1
    #define SERVO2_NEUTRAL_POS  -1
    #define SERVO3_NEUTRAL_POS  -1
    #define UI_SERVO_CONTROL 1
    #define FAN_KICKSTART_TIME  200

#define FEATURE_WATCHDOG 1

// #################### Z-Probing #####################

#define Z_PROBE_Z_OFFSET 0
    #define Z_PROBE_Z_OFFSET_MODE 0
    #define UI_BED_COATING 1
    #define FEATURE_Z_PROBE 1
    #define Z_PROBE_BED_DISTANCE 10
    #define Z_PROBE_PIN ORIG_Z_MAX_PIN
    #define Z_PROBE_PULLUP 0
    #define Z_PROBE_ON_HIGH 0
    #define Z_PROBE_X_OFFSET 0
    #define Z_PROBE_Y_OFFSET 0
    #define Z_PROBE_WAIT_BEFORE_TEST 1
    #define Z_PROBE_SPEED 2
    #define Z_PROBE_XY_SPEED 150
    #define Z_PROBE_SWITCHING_DISTANCE 1
    #define Z_PROBE_REPETITIONS 1
    #define Z_PROBE_HEIGHT 40
    #define Z_PROBE_START_SCRIPT ""
    #define Z_PROBE_FINISHED_SCRIPT ""
    #define FEATURE_AUTOLEVEL 1
    #define Z_PROBE_X1 20
    #define Z_PROBE_Y1 20
    #define Z_PROBE_X2 160
    #define Z_PROBE_Y2 20
    #define Z_PROBE_X3 100
    #define Z_PROBE_Y3 160
    #define FEATURE_AXISCOMP 0
    #define AXISCOMP_TANXY 0
    #define AXISCOMP_TANYZ 0
    #define AXISCOMP_TANXZ 0

#ifndef SDSUPPORT  
  • edited August 2015
    when i modified the above to how instructed on the support section of this site i get this (below) during compiling, so im more than a bit lost

• edited August 2015
    Eeprom.cpp: In static member function 'static void EEPROM::initalizeUncached()':
    Eeprom.cpp:456: error: 'Z_PROBE_Z_OFFSET' was not declared in this scope
    Eeprom.cpp:463: error: 'AXISCOMP_TANXY' was not declared in this scope
    Eeprom.cpp:464: error: 'AXISCOMP_TANYZ' was not declared in this scope
    Eeprom.cpp:465: error: 'AXISCOMP_TANXZ' was not declared in this scope
    Eeprom.cpp: In static member function 'static void EEPROM::readDataFromEEPROM(bool)':
    Eeprom.cpp:691: error: 'AXISCOMP_TANXY' was not declared in this scope
    Eeprom.cpp:692: error: 'AXISCOMP_TANYZ' was not declared in this scope
    Eeprom.cpp:693: error: 'AXISCOMP_TANXZ' was not declared in this scope
    Eeprom.cpp:711: error: 'Z_PROBE_Z_OFFSET' was not declared in this scope

any advise would be great, an updated version of 0.92 firmware tool would be better

• Can you put a link to the config download you used, so I can see why you get the compilation errors. Errors make no sense with the config file where these values are set so I'm not sure why it does not compile for you and only full config file can tell.

Regarding servo, you need to add power to serve pins normally. And the 5V from the board will normally not work if you do not have a very tiny low current servo without big load. The 5V on arduino provides only limited current not meant to drive such high powered sources.
  • i am not not sure what you mean by put a link up but the errors was with arduino ide 1.0.5 as i have tried many versions of ide but 1.0.5 was the only one what would compile version 0.92, the above error code was with 0.91 using the same arduino and same librays but only when i enable servo support, watchdog and z probing, if i enable these on version 0.92 then it will compile but the servo will not work, tried 5 servos on pin 1-5v,2-negative, pin 6 as signal, there was 5v on pin 1 as i tried with a multimeter and digital pin six was enabled, its a rambo 1.2d board, if theres a way i can email you the whole code of ver 0.91 and 0.92 then i can, i love this firmware and so easy to set up, its just that one small thing.
    thanks
  • i hope this works, i have added the complete code to google drive and the link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2W8ThCAfjYPYXBKdmJaampORzg/view?usp=sharing   <<< version 0.92

as for the version that will not compile, the link is below,as  both codes listed here in the links, servos just seem to not want to work, with boards own 5v or external 5v to the servos, the servos did make a winning sound when plugged on to the board then stopped. i do not mind which version i use, just one that works. 

• I will only look for 0.92 since that is the development version. Will not add any fixes to 0.91 anyway.

So 0.92 compiles, but pin 6 is Fan 2 pin which you assigned to your fan as well as for your servo. So your servo routine and the fan start toggling the same pin and that causes wrong timings for a servo, so I do not wonder that it does not work.

Always make sure no other function is using the same pin as well!