XYZ Davinci 1.0 usb disconnect after flash

Hi, I'm new to 3d printing and thought I would get a used Davinci XYZ 1.0 printer that was flashed with Repetier .92.1 the previous owner said just to re flash as he probably messed some stuff up. It did boot and move and work for the most part but i didn't print anything. I tried to re flash with the Arduino and repetier firmware but it failed all I get is two black bars on the display. The problem is now the USB connects and disconnects in a loop and is unknown hardware. I cant do anything until I figure this problem out. Does anyone have any ideas on what might be the problem. I also tried a different computer both windows 10 and same problem.

Thank you in advance for any one that may have input.

Comments

• 2 bars = display driver not working.
    Reconnect loop happens if baud rate is wrong or if firmware is not running at all.

There is a special fork on github for davinci printer. Hope you used that. Not from us, but I know the author tweaked several thinks to work with davinci and you get correct configuration from the start. 
  • Repetier said:
    2 bars = display driver not working.
    Reconnect loop happens if baud rate is wrong or if firmware is not running at all.

There is a special fork on github for davinci printer. Hope you used that. Not from us, but I know the author tweaked several thinks to work with davinci and you get correct configuration from the start. 
    Thank you for the information.So when you say the baud rate is wrong I know how to change that in com settings but this is a usb disconnect loop any idea on that problem?
  • Connection is disconnected if we do not see any sensible response and that is because printer is not communicating at all or at a different baud rate then we are listening. You set baud rate in our printer settings, not in com settings of windows! 
  • I had to flash one of my davinci's cause of dead motherboard. If you have two black bars, the flash didn't take. Carefully read the instructions on the github, or revert to the 1.5.8 version in where due was natively supported in arduino. Note that in this previous version something is wrong with the z axis, but with Google can be fixed in eeprom.
    Good luck,
    Jason
  • For Davinci board the variant file need to be modified, no doing it bring to not bootable motherboard and the black bars on display, here the FAQ for such issue : https://github.com/luc-github/Repetier-Firmware-4-Davinci/issues/172