2nd extruder work fine, 1st don't extrude.

Hi, 
I install Repetier FW 1.0.3. Bord is ZRIB V5.3. The motor for extrude 1 (EXT0) don't work. I even switch the both motor/cable/driver. It's like the EXT0 don't recieved command. But the second extruder (EXT1) work fine. Any idea?

Thank

Comments

• What if you assign first extruder to E1 driver and second to E0 extruder. Which one is working then?
    Make sure only one function is assigned to E0.

One other typical reason is wrong settings in eeprom causing no steps. 
    M502
    M500

would reinitialize values from config, then it should work if that was the problem, except if they were wrong in configuration.h as well.
  • edited September 2019
    Hi!
    You mean in pins.h

/* original configuration for motherboard 39
    #define ORIG_E0_STEP_PIN         26
    #define ORIG_E0_DIR_PIN          28
    #define ORIG_E0_ENABLE_PIN       24

#define ORIG_E1_STEP_PIN         36
    #define ORIG_E1_DIR_PIN          34
    #define ORIG_E1_ENABLE_PIN       30 */

// reverse configuration as suggested
    #define ORIG_E0_STEP_PIN         36
    #define ORIG_E0_DIR_PIN          34
    #define ORIG_E0_ENABLE_PIN       30

#define ORIG_E1_STEP_PIN         26
    #define ORIG_E1_DIR_PIN          28
    #define ORIG_E1_ENABLE_PIN       24

When I ask E1 to extrude, the hardware for E0 work. When I ask E0 to extrude, the hardware for E1 don't work. 
    Look like the pins 26 28 24 seen to be wrong for my ZRIB V5.3 or my motherboard isn't a 39 type...
    Look lie pins 36 34 30 are good for one extruder. 

Thank
  • If I see it correct you can control both extruders when assigned to E1 and none when assigned to E0.

That should mean your configuration of ext0 is wrong.It was either not hot when testing (send M302 S1 to allow cold extrusion as well) or one of the variables like steps per mm, speeds or acceleration is not set to a valid number in eeprom. Did you rest recovering to config settings as I told you?
  • Hi! 
    Thank again for the the reply. Before I try to extrude, I make sure both extruder are at 190°C. This is the EEPROM config I use. I can't find what's worng with Extr 1.

Thank four your help.
  • Yes, values look good. That should be no problem.

So back to one question you never answered. Could you extrude using E0 socket when pins were assigned to seconds extruder? If not the board may have a defect on enable or step pin if I consider that you already swapped the drivers between sockets.
  • I fond it! Into configuration.h, the EXT0_ENABLE_ON was egual to 1 and the EXT1_ENABLE_ON was equal to 0. I replace the EXT0_ENABLE_ON to 0 and now it's working!

Thank for your help