Anycubic Chiron

I am unable to connect my Anycubic Chiron printer to Host.
The connection appears to be made but no start signal is detected and a forced start is issued but I have no control over anything after that.
What am I doing wrong?

It works fine with my Geeetech i3 mk2 Pro B  and my Geeetech A30

Comments

• Protocol ascii and right baud rate set?
  • I have Transfer Protocol set to Autodetect though I have tried Ascii and Repetier Protocol, and baud rate 115200 though I have also tried faster and slower (down to 56000).

The connect icon turns cyan to show a connection is made but nothing else happens

• Color changes based on the fact that windows connected the port. This does not necessary mean that there is communication. Some boards need special state of DTR/RTS pin to send data. You can try with Repetier-Server to connect. There you can already set how these flags are set. Once it connects you can then use the repetier-server connector in host to connect to repetier-server and print over this.
  • I will give that a try, thank you

• That worked, thank you :-D
  • For interest, what DTR/RTS handling did you set in server, so it works?
  • Adrian said:
    That worked, thank you :-D
    Hi Adrian, is your Chiron still working with the Repertier software reliably?

I want to give it a try as well, Chiron to my understanding has some serial connectivity issues as I also read some people fail with Repetier all together and Octoprint too.

How has been your experience? 

Hope all is well btw :) 
  • @tunc3d

I was also having issues connecting my Chiron to Repetier, Finally got it working and it works really well. 

I have mine set as follows

Baud Rate 250000
    RTs High
    DTS Low
    Input Buffer 127

I found that the main issue for me was the correct firmware selected.

I have since flashed to Marlin but originally i was trying both repetier firmware and RepRap...