Printing a Dot in Lasermode

Hello, 
I modified my Printer with an laser. Normally the Laser is only activated when there is an X or Y Movement. 
But I want to laser some Points. Is this possible anyhow? Maybe by telling the printer to activate the laser for a quite short time without movement. Or maybe activating the laser while only Z-Movement? Maybe with an custom G-Code? 

Comments

• simplest way is via ( small ) z-move. from my opinion move should not exceed 0.1 mm to stay focused
    just use a low feedrate to get enough power.

• But when using only z-move the laser is off. Only if x or Y move the laser goes on
  • which firmware version do you use?
    it has to be G1 move
  • Yes I know, with g0 it does only moving, without laser. But even with G1 the laser is only on if moving x or Y.
    I use firmware 1.02
  • As I´m using V2 for my laser now i have to search a little for the V1 behaviour.
    what hardware do you use? and how i laser connected?
  • edited January 2019
    take a look at motion.cpp

search for
    #if defined(SUPPORT_LASER) && SUPPORT_LASER
                else if(Printer::mode == PRINTER_MODE_LASER) {
                    p->secondSpeed = ((p->delta[X_AXIS] != 0 || p->delta[Y_AXIS] != 0) && (LaserDriver::laserOn || p->delta[E_AXIS] != 0) ? LaserDriver::intensity : 0);
                    p->delta[E_AXIS] = 0;
                }
    #endif

as far as i remember this section is  there twice.

if you change that sections to

#if defined(SUPPORT_LASER) && SUPPORT_LASER
                else if(Printer::mode == PRINTER_MODE_LASER) {
                    p->secondSpeed = ((p->delta[X_AXIS] != 0 || p->delta[Y_AXIS] != 0 || p->delta[Z_AXIS] != 0) && (LaserDriver::laserOn || p->delta[E_AXIS] != 0) ? LaserDriver::intensity : 0);
                    p->delta[E_AXIS] = 0;
                }
    #endif

the trick with z-move should work. but take care on your eyes ,don´t forget safety googles

• This works quite good.
    Thank you for the help

best regards

Iksi