X end switch not stopping motor movement...

all of a sudden my x end-switch no longer stops the motor from moving, it tries to keep going past the switch. I changed the switch and wire and still same,, M119 shows that the switch is L when not triggered and shows H when triggered so its sending the correct info to the board so I figured the firmware got corrupt somehow so I reinstalled the firmware and still not working, same results..

I changed nothing, it just stopped working...

Any ideas?

Comments

• You mean homing or in normal operation? You can disable it for normal prints which is done to prevent blocks from false signals setting ALWAYS_CHECK_ENDSTOPS 0.
  • When homing, I even hit the switch (brand new switch) manually when the gantry was moving to home position, Repetier is getting the signal that it is High but gantry still continues moving.. I changed the switch out thinking it was just a bad switch, didnt help, reinstalled the firmware thinking maybe it got corrupt somehow, that didnt help.. Im beginning to think it may be a problem other then Repeteir, Im thinking maybe I have a short in a wire someplace.. Going to rewire the entire printer from scratch a bit better this time.....

• Do you have distortion correction enabled? It seems that this with cartesian type printers makes it ignore the switch due to many segments where only first segments seems to test end stop.
  • I do not, my printer is a Core XY (H style ) printer running repeteir on an ardiuno mega with ramps 1.4.. The printer has worked just fine since I built it 2 years ago... now i am seeing another issue witch leads me to believe its not the firmware, the x motor now stops working and skipping, I changed out that motor and still the same problem, I then changed out my ramps and arduino with brand new ones and fresh firmware install and same issues are there so im assuming its got to be a bad wire someplace causing the issues as the motor is not getting how as it binds and skips..

I have removed the drive belt and ran the motors and still the x motor will run fine for a few seconds then stop working (sits there making a growling type noise)  , it has to be something other then repetier at this point....
  • Did you also replace the motor driver it self when switching boards? It's the only thing you did not mention to be replaced.
  • i did, it turned out to be a broken wire