Access via iPad

Hi, If i open my Repetier-Server page from an iPhone or iPad with Safari i get the top bar and a white page. I have login enabled so i assume there is a problem with displaying the login interface? Anyone else have this issue? I just installed one day ago from the official dpkg so i have the latest version.

Comments

• It is exactly the same interface as on desktop computers. Have it running on iPad and iPhone without problems so far. Sometimes the first call takes a bit of time as the interface is quite big. What iPad/iPhone are you using? A recent one or old version with old iOS?
  • iPad Pro and iPhone 7+ Both on iOS 10.2.x. I have nginx running in front of it but its set up according to the instructions and works from computers its just Safari on iOS that wont finish loading. Its hosted on 1000mbps and accessed via 4G with good signal.
  • edited February 2017
    I just realized i could try to bypass nginx via vpn and that loaded straight up. I have nginx inbetween to secure public access with ssl. Any ideas why it works via computers via nginx but not iOS?!
  • From what you see I guess it is the websocket not coming through. When websocket is established you see login or dashboard/printer. When you connect with https it is using wss - secure websocket and nginx must proxy that separately to ws on server side. So it could be configuration of nginx or it is a insecure certificate. Our instructions use a self signed certificate so that only works if iOS trusts it. If you try nginx without secure connection I guess it works, right? Not sure if you use port 3344 with vpn to bypass nginx completely.
  • edited February 2017
    Makes sense, thanks. Its a snakeoil-cert as i couldnt be bothered to set up letsencrypt yet as 80/443 are used for other things on other internal hosts on the same public ip.
  • Hi. Have exactly the same issue. When I am using nginx with secure connection I don't see the login when using iOS. I am using iOS 12, and have also problems. I have a snakeoil-cert and pulled it to my iPad, but I cannot activate it in Certificate Trust Settings... Can you help me?
  • That seems to be the problem. I have debugged it on iOS 12 and it is not opening the websocket, resp. it gets an error:
    WebSocket network error: The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -9807.)

Trying to open a websocket manually in javascript console it is reported directly as closed while doing so on mac safari it reports open. So my best guess is that ios will not open secure websockets with self signed certificates.

Only solution would be to install it manually, but that seems to be not possible any more. If anyone has an idea how to install it please let me know and I put the answer into the faq.
  • Try this 

https://i.stack.imgur.com/8kkEO.png

If it doesn't work i recommend Letsencrypt. I use Caddy server as a proxy with automatic fully Letsencrypt. Config files for proxies are just a couple lines, breeze to work with.
  • That switch does not exist in iOS 12 any more. Now it only shows the Trust Store Version.

LetsEncrypt is fine if your printer is accessible from internet, if only accessible in intranet you can not set it up except maybe the dns version. Or does caddy also handle cases without global domain name being accessible?
  • Exactly, the switch does not exist in iOS 12. Perhaps it is possible to use Apple Configurator to enable seflf-signed certificates, but I cannot update to Mojave right now, so I cannot try it.

I’ll try with caddy with Letsencrypt and see if I can make it work. Thanks.