Inductive auto level sensor configuration

Hi, I'm using a standard blue inductive sensor for my z axis endstop and my auto-leveling probe. I have to brown wire connected to +, blue on -, and black on s, on my MKS Base V1.4. I'm unsure of what configuration to use out of the 4 options on the configuration tool. I'm also unsure of what these different labels mean: electronic or switch on GND. What is meant by either of these terms?

Thanks,

Adam

Comments

• Electronic means no pullup in the processor for that input. For mechanical switches you need the pullup to have a defined level. So in your case try electronic first and if signal is stable it is good. And make sure voltage level matches. Have seen inductive sensors with 12V output! You want 5V TTL only.
  • I should also mention that with my x and y endstops, they would short out the motherboard whenever triggered. Why would this happen?

• adamhaze8 said:
    I should also mention that with my x and y endstops, they would short out the motherboard whenever triggered. Why would this happen?

If they are the 3 wire types, you have them plugged in the wrong way around so they are shortring the 5 volt to gnd when triggered.
    Just rotate the plugs 180,should sort it if the 5 volt regulator on the arduino has survived being shorted out.
    Also, you say you have connected the brow wire of your sensor to +. is this the +5 or +12 volt, if + 12 then you may have damaged the Z input pin on the arduino.
  • Thanks for the help, this clears up some of my knowledge of how endstops are used