Running it on Orange Pi One Plus ?

Hi

Did someone try to run Repetier Server on an Orange Pi One Plus (http://www.orangepi.org/OrangePiOneplus/) ?? It's pretty similar with Raspberry Pi with more powerful processor !
If not I'm ok to test it but just not sure which architecture I should select for download of Repetier Server ?

Thanks

Vincèn

Comments

• arm-hf is what you want to run. 
    If you want to use the pro version make sure ethernet always gets same mac address. I think it was the orange pi that liked to change mac addresses after reboot.
  • Repetier said:
    arm-hf is what you want to run. 
    If you want to use the pro version make sure ethernet always gets same mac address. I think it was the orange pi that liked to change mac addresses after reboot.
    Thanks for clarification ;) For Mac Address, at least on unit I have that was running Ubuntu Server till now, I have not noticed any change in MAC address of it !
  • Good to know. In that case it should be no problem.
  • So far I have installed Repetier on it easily (with armhf64 package as you indicated ;)
    I have imported my printer settings and I expected to have just the USB port to adjust. Unhappy whatever port I select, connection status sort of blink (red most of time and sometimes goes briefly yellow and then comes back at red !). It offers me some tty, up to tty63, ttyS0,ttyS1,ttyS3 and ttyGS0. I have tried all of them out of the tty with numbers but none of them work ! Any ideas ?

Thanks
  • These are also wrong port names, so I do not really wonder they do not work. Right name is ttyUSB0 or ttyAC...
    You can call ls /dev/tty* with and without printer connected. The one that disappears is the port you search.

I know some linux kernels have no serial driver support compiled in. If that is the case with the orange pi linux, then you have a problem. You need to recompile it or find a linux distribution with serial support that works on orange pi.
  • Repetier said:
    These are also wrong port names, so I do not really wonder they do not work. Right name is ttyUSB0 or ttyAC...
    You can call ls /dev/tty* with and without printer connected. The one that disappears is the port you search.

I know some linux kernels have no serial driver support compiled in. If that is the case with the orange pi linux, then you have a problem. You need to recompile it or find a linux distribution with serial support that works on orange pi.
    Thanks for explanation and unhappy it looks like you are right :( on Raspberry I could see appear in /dev the virtual port created when I plugged the USB port of the printer controler ! On Orange, nothing appears :(
    Will investigate if there is a way to get it working with an other distro (not much choice for now for the One plus) or recompile it with support of it !