Prusa i3 won't connect

My Prusa i3 won't connect to the Repetier server using a com port and will only weakly connect using the virtual ports. Either way, it is unable to print. I've tried using different computers and USB cables but neither have worked. I am currently rechecking that the printer is built correctly but so far I'm still unable to connect to the Repetier server or to print. How should I troubleshoot?

Comments

• What means "will only weakly connect using the virtual ports"?

Either it connects or not. If not make sure you have a firmware on your prusa, baud rate is set correctly and right port selected. 

Once connected check log for errors and messages and report what you see.
  • Celia22 said:
    My Prusa i3 won't connect to the Repetier server using a com port and will only weakly connect using the virtual ports. Either way, it is unable to print. I've tried using different computers and USB cables but neither have worked. I am currently rechecking that the printer is built correctly but so far I'm still unable to connect to the Repetier server or to print. How should I troubleshoot?
    Repetier said:
    What means "will only weakly connect using the virtual ports"?

Either it connects or not. If not make sure you have a firmware on your prusa, baud rate is set correctly and right port selected. 

Once connected check log for errors and messages and report what you see.
    I thing I understand what Celia22 is saying. I have un Original Prusa MK2S and I for now cannot connect with Repetier server. It is strange that server says that can see the printer and even start printing but is frozen after sending the temperature commands. I can sent from Control Panel the Temperature commands but printer has no reaction. LCD from Prusa has no reaction. I suppose is a problem with communication protocol. After I will solve the problem, if I can, I will come back with my experience.
  • For server it is importnat to select right firmware. Selecting repetier for marlin will connect but do nothing as repetier sends in binary format which marlin does not understand.
  • Repetier said:
    For server it is importnat to select right firmware. Selecting repetier for marlin will connect but do nothing as repetier sends in binary format which marlin does not understand.
    You are perfectly right (and you know it:))
    But, because there is a but, it was not easy from the beginning.
    I changed protocol for Marlin  COM for COM4 and speed  autoconfig.
    And setup was frozen.
    Then I abort and changed only the speed to 115200. And it worked very nice.
    Thank you very much again because you saved my day. I want to tell you that I am using the Repetier Server Pro for a half a year but this time I did not have inspiration .
  • Settings for Prusa i3 MK2(s) in Repetier-Server should be as follows for a default installation. Keep in mind my Device/Port settings are for Linux, so yours will most likely look different.