G33 produces error messages and runs out of bed borders

I've baught a HE3D delta printer and now i try to calibrate the first time. I used the he3d's configuration.h and uploaded it with arduino ide. Due to a defect z-probe i tried the first prints without distorsion map and so on. Now the z-probe is working and i tried to follow the steps in your nice youtube video 'Z-leveling for delta printers ...'. It's really good but at pos. 4:38 'G33 to measure a distorsion matrix' some measure points run out of the bed borders and there are error messages
Error:Bpos x square
Warning:Invalid delta coordinate - move ignored x:-5468 y:7069 z:712
Warning: in queueDeltaMove to calculateDeltaSubSegments returns error.
Warning:moveToReal / queueDeltaMove returns error
Error:Apos x square
Warning:Invalid delta coordinate - move ignored x:5311 y:7203 z:816
Error:Cpos x square
Warning:Invalid delta coordinate - move ignored x:-6860 y:-7111 z:827

The previous steps in the video worked fine but what's going wrong here? What can i do?

Comments

• G33 has its own set of probe coordinates, not the same as for G32. Make sure you have set them.
  • Ok, thanks. Can you tell me how they are named.
  • DISTORTION_XMIN
    DISTORTION_YMIN
    DISTORTION_XMAX
    DISTORTION_YMAX

Bottom of the 'generall'tab in the config tool

• These values are set correctly in my uploaded configuration.h. Do you think they are wrong? The maximin printer radius is 200.

#define DISTORTION_CORRECTION 1
    #define DISTORTION_CORRECTION_POINTS 5
    #define DISTORTION_CORRECTION_R 90
    #define DISTORTION_PERMANENT 1
    #define DISTORTION_UPDATE_FREQUENCY 15
    #define DISTORTION_START_DEGRADE 0.5
    #define DISTORTION_END_HEIGHT 1
    #define DISTORTION_EXTRAPOLATE_CORNERS 0
    #define DISTORTION_XMIN 10
    #define DISTORTION_YMIN 10
    #define DISTORTION_XMAX 190
    #define DISTORTION_YMAX 190

• Sorry, radius not 200 but 100 :-)
  • just wondering where the large x y value's are coming from

"move ignored x:-5468 y:7069 z:712"

Have you tried sending 
    M502
    M500

to update the eeprom settings with the value's from the config file.

• I don't remember if i've done so. Ok, i will start from beginning and check this.
  • If 0,0 is center on a delta, shouldn't x-min, y-min be negative?
  • Ok, i did it from start:
    - checked configuration.h with repetier configuration tool on homepage
    - compiled it, uploaded it, M502, M500
    - run home, centered extruder G131
    - justified the sliders, M99 X0 ..., for all towers
    - measured and saved bed levels, G32 S2
    Here i got the first problem: the measuring was ok but the measured (and saved) height was 311.59mm, but the real height is 271,90. What's wrong here?

- corrected the height in eeprom setup in repetier host
    - run home and then down near the bed, G0 Z5 F1000
    - startet height map in repetier host, saved the values to text file
    - measured distortion matrix, G33
    - without any movement the error message in repetier host log:

13:51:21.166 : Error:Bpos x square
    13:51:21.173 : Warning:Invalid delta coordinate - move ignored x:-5368 y:7071 z:3375
    13:51:21.181 : Warning:in queueDeltaMove to calculateDeltaSubSegments returns error.
    13:51:21.184 : Warning:moveToReal / queueDeltaMove returns error

Seems to be a big problem in repetier firmware ??
  • Roko said:
    If 0,0 is center on a delta, shouldn't x-min, y-min be negative?
    Ok, but why all other commands are working. Before trying leveling the printer i printed some parts (because z-probe has been defect). They haven't been perfect but the prints worked.
  • G33 measures a square or rectangle but you can only describe a circle. Then take into account the z probe offset. Make sure your rectangle for G33 lies inside this allowed area. It seems that this is not the case. For delta you can ease it a bit by omitting the corners from measurement. But that is only the outer corner point! For coarse maps you gain here more then for fine maps. But I guess your problem is measuring outside allowed area where delta can not reach hence the illegal coordinates.
  • reid60 said:
    Roko said:
    If 0,0 is center on a delta, shouldn't x-min, y-min be negative?
    Ok, but why all other commands are working. Before trying leveling the printer i printed some parts (because z-probe has been defect). They haven't been perfect but the prints worked.
    My R/K Delta (homebuilt ) has a radius of 115mm. My Distortion settings were x-min,y-min -75,-75. x-max,y-max 75,75. I got to that by moving the effector in manual mode to the point where I could safely reach (including the z-probe) the I subtracted a little to round to 75. Also don't forget to extrapolate outer corners in the config tool.
       If I move the effector in manual mode with a z-height of , let's say 10, I see the x and y position numbers go negative as I move left and towards me. Positive to the right and away. 
  • Thank you, Roko. I'll try it tonight.
  • If you test manually for the corners reachable, send G30 P1 before. P1 will add z probe offset and not remove it afterwards, so after this you can test the rectangle you can reach.
  • Ohh yeah! To correct the distorsion values in configuration.h i used the repetier's configuration tool which is linked within the configuration file. I checked the distortion_correction_r and changed it to 90. After downloading only this file, i checked the value in the arduino ide. The value was really 90 but the distortion_min and max was 10,10 and 180,180. And this was the mistake. Repetier writes illegal values to the file on download. I corrected that to -90,-90 and 90,90 and the G33 command worked perfectly. Please, dear Repetiers, make the download function save correct values.

Another error i found was the z-probe_height in that configuration tool. The description says to put a value in mm. But i entered 0.5 and after downloading the file the value was empty. I entered then 40 and the value in the file was 40. Not millimeters but steps! Please, dear Repetiers, make the download function save correct values.