Upgrading from Repetier Host 1.6 to 2.0 breaks saving to Repetier Server.

I have an Aurora Z605S 3D Printer connected to a Windows 10 PC running Repetier Server (Which I paid a license for). After I upgraded Repetier Host 1.6 to 2.0 yesterday, I can connect to the Repetier Server ok, but when I slice an image and click save to server a error box pops up and have to close Host.  I downgraded Host to 1.6 again works fine. Any Ideas or resolution would be helpful.

Comments

• Just retried it and still working for me. What is new is that it now uses the server groups. Do you have Repetier-Server with groups support for gcode or are you still on a old version? Might be the difference. Also what is the error message?
  • I don't see group support. I am running .80.3 server pro. Is the latest. The error is an unhandled exception with the app. Will paste error:

************** Exception Text **************

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at RepetierServerConnector.RSSaveGCode.UpdateWarning()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Text(String value)

at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_Text(String value)

at RepetierServerConnector.RSSaveGCode.Preset()

at RepetierServerConnector.RSSaveGCode.SaveEditorContent()

at RepetierHost.view.Preview.buttonSaveToServer_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

• If you go to prints tab in server frontend you have a selector to select group to show and also add/delete button to manage your groups. I will check the code now that I see where the error happens. Must be something UpdateWarning is using and that is not there for some reason.
  • I see the group tab your talking about. I have no groups setup.
  • The MUST be a default group which is set up by default and not deleteable. That group is required to be always there. If you look in storage directory you see every printer gets an own folder and in subfolder data you should have a file modelGroups.json

Maybe it is defect. Have just tested that deleting and restarting server recreates it to

{"files":[],"groups":["#"]}

so in case the file is corrupted for your install try repairing it.

• It is set for the default. Like I said originally prints fine host 1.62 error is with host 2.0. Nothing is corrupt. I'll wait for there next update of 2.0. 1.62 works fine in the meantime.