No control of noze fan ?

Hi

I'm using a Prusa i3 made by Sunhokey (https://www.3dprintersonlinestore.com/full-acrylic-reprap-prusa-i3-kit) and firmware in it is Smoothieware. So far I have succeeded to control printer pretty well with Repetier Server on my Raspberry in Wifi.
Nevertheless I have an issue: control of the fan for the noze is not working ! It'l always working full speed (whatever noze is hot or not). Control in Repetier server web interface does nothing :( Any ideas what I can check ? I don't even know if it's an hardware issue (I double checked wiring already) or software one and how to solve it !

Thanks

Vincèn

Comments

• If you go to console you see the commands that get send when you change fan. As long as these are normally understood by smoothieware it is a firmware/config problem. According to

it is M106 and M107 like with all other firmwares as well.
  • Thanks, your are right ! none of these commands have any effect on fan so I checked more in details on electronic board so it looks like it's electronically not possible with my board :(
  • edited April 2017

if it is Setup shown on Picture from the link, the fan is used to cool hotend .

This has nothing to do with a fan blowing to cool the print as you mention.

it is needed for this type of hotend to prevent Filament from sticking in the heatbreak.

so does this fan blow all the time or just when heater is active respectively starting to blow when reaching  a certain

temperature?

• Sorry for confusion but I indicated it's fan for noze not for the print itself ;)

Right now fan blows all the time as soon as whole system is powered ! I checked details of the Electronic board and fan is plugged on permanent power so it looks like it's normal unless it's boring as makes the printer noisy all the time :(
  • edited April 2017

believe me  it´s better to have the noise than having Filament blocking the hotend  ;-)

i´m a little experienced in these e3d clones , don´t try to run it without the fan

• RAyWB said:

believe me  it´s better to have the noise than having Filament blocking the hotend  ;-)

i´m a little experienced in these e3d clones , don´t try to run it without the fan

Yep I know fan must run always when it's printing but it would be nice to be able to start fan only when printing but it looks like I'll need a new electronic board so for now will keep it on all the time !

Thanks for help