Filament pressure

edited April 2017 in Extruder & Bed
Hi, I've build a 3D printer and ran into a little trouble with the configuration. Originaly extruders (bowden) steps/mm was set by default to 370 with was too much (instead of 100mm it extruded cca 350mm) but it printed until the extruder coud not push in anymore filament. I changed it so if i click in repetier host to extrude 100mm of filament it extrudes 100 mm of filamenmt (95 steps/mm) but it looks like the pressure is too low (extruder is too slow) to print. Can anyone advise me please?

Comments

• When you tell the printer to extrude 100mm, this is the amount of filament going into the hot end,  not how much is coming out of the nozle.

• MartinH said:
    When you tell the printer to extrude 100mm, this is the amount of filament going into the hot end,  not how much is coming out of the nozle.

Yes, I known that and that is what it does. The problem is that its coming out of the nozle too slowly or atleast i think so.
  • This is just because from old steps you saw 3.7 times faster. If you increase extrusion speed it will again look that fast. But in print speed is adjusted by slicer speeds so nothing to worry about.
  • Repetier said:
    This is just because from old steps you saw 3.7 times faster. If you increase extrusion speed it will again look that fast. But in print speed is adjusted by slicer speeds so nothing to worry about.
    Solved. I've accidently set it up for 3mm filament diameter instead of 1,75mm.