Speeds/Size

I want to try out Repetier from Marlin. I have it working it homes controls my printer etc. However the Homing Speed is slower than Marlin. I also tried to print something and the size of the item was nearly 70% less than if I would print it on marlin it shrunk the object. 

Repiter

Marlin

Comments

• Did you run the clear eeprom sketch in arduino before uploading the repetier FW,  you may have some values left over from the marlin FW

• edited February 2017
    MartinH said:
    Did you run the clear eeprom sketch in arduino before uploading the repetier FW,  you may have some values left over from the marlin FW

Yes I did. I got the speed thing figured out. My EEPROM settings were not saving had to change from 1 to 2? Whatever that does not sure I fully understand that. But when I print something it is almost like it doesn't see my bed as a 300x300. and the objects all print smaller. What would cause that? Attached is new config that works on speed.

• edited February 2017
    So in marlin my Steps are 100 for my x and my y with all 3 jumpers in place on my ramps. And this works. With that same 100 in Repetier it is not even close. I have tried 160 and 320. 160 is the closet. Can someone tell me are these numbers not a 1 to 1? How should I be able to figure it out?

According to this formula I should be using 100.
    StepsPerTurn = 200 // Most stepper motors have 1.8 Degree per step (some 0.9)
    BeltDistance = 2mm // Distance between repeating grooves. T5 belt = 5mm
    GroovesInPulley = 16 // 8-10 are common values
    Substepping = 16 // 16 Substeps for a full step needed
    StepsPerMM = StepsPerTurn*Substepping/(BeltDistance**GroovesInPulley)
               = 200*16/(2*16) = 100
  • Yes 100 steps in marlin should = 100 steps in repetier,
    ATM i cannot think of any reason why it should be printing the wrong size
  • You are using the slow core xy variant. There you have double I think the steps per mm from what you think would be right. In fast core xy variant it is 1:1 mapping.
  • Repetier said:
    You are using the slow core xy variant. There you have double I think the steps per mm from what you think would be right. In fast core xy variant it is 1:1 mapping.
    What does this mean "Slow Core xy variant?" How do I not use the slow variant?
  • Add in manual additions the line
    #define FAST_COREXYZ

and you are using the fast variant. This make sit use nonlinear computation instead so you need to adjust these by first selecting delta printer (to make them appear). You do not want 180 updates per second. 10 is more then enough as moves are linear. It is kinda experimental so config tool doe snot offer it, also it works stable. But it ha sit's habits from nonlinear dependency.
  • Repetier said:
    Add in manual additions the line
    #define FAST_COREXYZ

and you are using the fast variant. This make sit use nonlinear computation instead so you need to adjust these by first selecting delta printer (to make them appear). You do not want 180 updates per second. 10 is more then enough as moves are linear. It is kinda experimental so config tool doe snot offer it, also it works stable. But it ha sit's habits from nonlinear dependency.
    Well I have it moving normal and with the right steps but now I am getting Low memory available, stability problems may occur.
    Here is my config

• Low memory is normal with nonlinear movements as it needs much more ram. Make sure to have 900-1000 bytes free and it should work. If not reduce
    #define DELTASEGMENTS_PER_PRINTLINE 24
    to get more free ram. Also set
    #define DELTA_SEGMENTS_PER_SECOND_PRINT 10 // Move accurate setting for print moves
    #define DELTA_SEGMENTS_PER_SECOND_MOVE 10 // Less accurate setting for other moves

so this is no problem. I think you can then go down to 15.