X-motor homes in the wrong direction (Borlee A602)

Greetings, I am trying to bring a Borlee A602 printer to life for a friend, and I am nearly finished. One problem I have with it is that when I send the command to print, the x-axis motor moves to the right initially to find its 'home', but it should move to the left, which is where the x-axis limit switch is. I have tried to invert the direction for the x-axis on Repetier, but the x-motor still homes in the opposite direction.
  Another thing is that my printer is not pulling the filament through to be lead through the extruder.

I'm a newb at 3d printing, and I am 'this close' to being able to do my first print! Hopefully I should be able to today. Other than these 2 problems I don't think there is anything preventing the printer from working properly.
Thanks for the help :)

Comments

• First check if you can move motor in both directions (otherwise direction signal is ignored causing your problem).

Homeing direction can be only changed with homing direction. Inverting direction signal inverts moves and homing together,

Extruder motor moves only if hotend is hot or (since V0.92) you have enabled cold extrusion (M302 S1)