Repetier Host 1.5.0 good!

edited July 2015 in General

I am building a new Cartesian printer roughly based on an OrdBot style frame with Arduino electronics.  I am having fits trying to get the filament speed, temperature, and other secondary variables figured out.  However, I just downloaded Repetier Host version 1.5.0, installed easily and the first thing I found was "test case generator."  This was the very first print that came out good!  quality issues remain, but these can be tweaked over time. 

The next step was to reload the 20 x 20 x 20 calibration cube I found on Thingiverse, which "printed" miserably, dragging too close to the bed, not extruding any filament, and coming out at the wrong extruder temperature.  I'm sure these are all settings I've played with and misaligned.  It would be nice if there was a way to take a successful print, such as the "test case generator," and load all those settings into another object before slicing it, in hopes of producing a similar print.

Is there a way to copy these settings?  Even a general direction as to which screen shots to manually enter elsewhere would be helpful.

Thanks for your support.  This is a great piece of software, and a testimony to the success of the GNU industry in the face of the Microsoft monopoly.

Comments

• Bad news for me. The testgenerator was not plnned to come back, so something is wrong in the bundled custom.ini. The generator wa salways there just not visible and it needed to be activated in custom.ini so have made a mistake there.

It was simply to confusing since the values needed there have no direct connection to any slicer. While you can set most parameters in the slicer configurations, you need to do it manually.

Defaults in test generator are quite high layer height which is not normal in slicers. At least not th e0.36 mm I see. It is often good to set first layer height a bit heigher and all slicers allow this.

Your problem seems z=0 is too deep. That can prevent extruders from extrusion. You should be able to print with 0.2mm layer height. I often use 0.3mm for first layer.