new printer start up help

hello,I purchased the sunhokey , I am very new to 3d printers this is my first one. I built it with no problems, now I am having it up and running , I loaded the Repetier host v.1.0.6 and it connects. but I can not get it to do anything, I tried to preheat the bed and the excruder but they won't preheat? is there anything else I need to do to get this working? the printer came with mks gen-2z v1.1 board/controller,is this board ready for Repetier? or do I need to load the Repetier firmware or something else? can you tell me where I can get more start-up info.?I also tried to run the 10x10x10 test cube with the Repetier...the motors move a little bit but...nothing happens.I can move the motors X,Y and Z with the LCD/control,but I also can not start the preheat function with the LCD/controller. The sunhokey came with a disc with Repetier on it,and some other files,build video and some other stuff. I would think the controller board would be ready for Repetier but I don't know......please help, Thanks

Comments

• I never heard that name of the board, so first question is what firmware they are running and if it is compatible with reprap firmwares. Some firmwares use e.g. other gcdoes/answers for temeprature control so it would not work with the host.

Normally M115 should print some info about firmware into log (easy mode disabled, toggle log),
  • ok.....I'll keep on trying ,there is a you tube video with the "sunhokey printer "build by Hiboson,I will try to contact him. jHiboson mentioned that he used "cura",but the "sunhokey" printer I bought came with a disc with Repetier on it????
    I'll keep checking in.   thanks
  • I found a MINTEMP error - replaced the thermistor on the extruder,the extruder will preheat to the set temp.but the bed temp. will not heat to the preheat temp. The bed will start to heat-starts at about 25 C and heats to about 42 C then stops. I tried to heat it to 70 C- it seems the driver cant handle the load? any suggestions - help thanks 
  • Hello , I found my problem is with the controller board. when I push on the terminal block with my finger , power starts to the terminal.This is a new purchase so I will try to get a replacement or if it is a easy fix, I'll repair it.
    I do have  another issue with the extruder extruding the amount of material (very little - slow) but I'll see if I can solve this.
    thanks