Recommanded Jerk Acceleration and speed.

I know that these settings are really a minefield in a 3D printer.  I have constructed a heavy printer with linear ball guide-ways and heavy duty belts, mechaduino driven steppers. water cooling,  everything metal, weighs around 30Kgs so there is no issue of vibration and anything flimsy.
What would be the ideal jerk, acceleration and printing speeds for such a machine?  Any idea/guide how I can start testing the speeds I can successfully print at?
Thanks for any tips

Comments

• Isn't the mechaduino idea to not loose steps or correct them automatically? But ok jerk and acceleration should still be in a range where it does not need correction.
    The problem is that these values also depend on the extruder system especially if direct or bowden extruder. They have big impact on the print quality and vibration marks. So it is more up to you. Low values for both are good for quality, high values for speed. On the other side if you have a bowden and you have low jerk this means normally you get pressure artefacts from acceleration/decelleration where extrusion gets smaller/wider. Here a bigger Jerk and low outer perimeter speed is of advantage so speed differences can be kept small. So in the end it is a decision based on expected quality and when machine starts to make them more visible then you like. So only way is print e.g. the test cube with XYZ in it. There you can see quite good the vibration marks and edge problems. Then play with values until you are satisfied with speed/quality compromise.