Repetier compilation problem mac catalina

Hi, 

Just changed the hotend on a rostock max v2 and had to change a parameter in the configuration.h file but i can't seem to get the code to compile. 

I'm on mac and just upgraded to catalina 10.15.4 so i'm guessing it's got something to do with that as my old version of arduino used to work fine but i had to upgrade it, Pre-Configured for Rostock MAX Repetier Firmware 0.91, Arduino: 1.8.12

I just get hundreds of errors like this:

sketch/uimenu.h:567:18: warning: extra tokens at end of #ifdef directive
 #ifdef Z_HOME_DIR<0
                  ^
In file included from sketch/Repetier.h:369:0,
                 from sketch/ui.cpp:20:
sketch/motion.h:653:26: warning: extra tokens at end of #ifdef directive
 #ifdef SOFTWARE_LEVELING && DRIVE_SYSTEM==3
                          ^~
sketch/motion.cpp: In static member function 'static void PrintLine::updateTrapezoids()':
sketch/motion.cpp:432:27: warning: integer overflow in expression [-Woverflow]
     while(timeleft < 4500 * MOVE_CACHE_SIZE && maxfirst != linesWritePos)
sketch/SDCard.cpp: In member function 'void SDCard::initsd()':
sketch/SDCard.cpp:98:32: warning: ISO C++ forbids converting a string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]
     if(selectFile("init.g",true))
                                ^
sketch/ui.cpp:831:75: warning: '__progmem__' attribute ignored [-Wattributes]
 void UIDisplay::createChar(uint8_t location,const uint8_t PROGMEM charmap[])
                                                                           ^
sketch/SdFat.cpp: In member function 'uint8_t Sd2Card::cardCommand(uint8_t, uint32_t)':
sketch/SdFat.cpp:3202:23: warning: narrowing conversion of '(int)(((unsigned char)((int)cmd)) | 64)' from 'int' to 'uint8_t {aka unsigned char}' inside { } [-Wnarrowing]
   uint8_t d[6] = {cmd | 0X40, pa[3], pa[2], pa[1], pa[0]};
                   ~~~~^~~~~~
/var/folders/0l/gvp56dxj74jd7xlgdynrtbb00000gn/T//cccYIwpx.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function `Com::printFLN(char const*, unsigned long)':
<artificial>:(.text+0x4b0a): undefined reference to `stepperWait'
/var/folders/0l/gvp56dxj74jd7xlgdynrtbb00000gn/T//cccYIwpx.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function `Com::printFLN(char const*, int)':
<artificial>:(.text+0x4b12): undefined reference to `stepperWait'
<artificial>:(.text+0x4b1a): undefined reference to `stepperWait'
/var/folders/0l/gvp56dxj74jd7xlgdynrtbb00000gn/T//cccYIwpx.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function `__vector_17':
<artificial>:(.text+0x4b28): undefined reference to `stepperWait'
<artificial>:(.text+0x4b2c): undefined reference to `stepperWait'
/var/folders/0l/gvp56dxj74jd7xlgdynrtbb00000gn/T//cccYIwpx.ltrans0.ltrans.o:<artificial>:(.text+0x4b32): more undefined references to `stepperWait' follow
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560.

Any advice or help would greatly be appriciated.

Jack

Comments

• That is a very old version and it does not compile without some modifications with current compile. So either upgrade to newer firmware version or use Arduino IDE 1.0.x to compile. That version should do as it is from the time where it was the active firmware.