Dry run - How to handle

I want to use the Dry run option in the manual mode. I switched the option on and after that I started the print job.
I expected that the printer starts to print, but it seems to be that he was in the normal mode. After the Heating of printer bed and extruder the printer job starts correctly. Is the dry run mode only available in manual mode ?

Comments

• No it is especially meant for printing. Make sure your firmware is Repetier which is the only one supporting it. Also make sure there are no M111 commands in print job which could disable dry run mode.
  • When I tried to print in manual and dry mode, the printer started to move but it wouln't extrude.. and heater was apparently switched OFF (it started to cool.. but according to host, it was heating). What am I doing wrong?
  • Ignore what host is saying. Firmware ignores the heating command in dry run mode but host knows it told to heat I guess.
  • Good day to you

I have a DIY printer using a MKS GEN 1.2 controller. If I try do a Dry Run the heaters on both the bed and extruder turns on. I also have 2 Nema 17 0.9 stepper motors driving lead screws for the Z axis. If I move the Z axis lets say 20mm it stops and then falls back to the bottom. The X axis also changes it home position by itself without changing any settings

Could you please assist

Thank you
  • Sounds like the pins do not match your motherboard. I know we do not have this controller, so is it pin compatible to one of the supported boards?