Z probe rises 20mm between the probes (G32 & G33)

ecjecj
edited April 2019 in General
I changed from version 0.92 to 1.0.3. Before the distance between tests was 2mm (Z_PROBE_SWITCHING_DISTANCE 2), but now it rises 20mm independent of the configuration. I've reviewed everything, made some changes but nothing solved. What can I do?

Comments

• Please check
    #define Z_PROBE_BED_DISTANCE 5.0 // Higher than max bed level distance error in mm

Z_PROBE_SWITCHING_DISTANCE is for repeated measurements, Z_PROBE_BED_DISTANCE is like a minimum distance to bed and target height for G32 and G33.
  • Thanks for listening!

Analyzing the code in BedLeveling.cpp, i discovered that, at line 133, prepareForProbing () function, parameter ZHOME_HEAT_HEIGHT 20, was causing the probe to rise by 20mm because it was configured with this value in configuration.h.

Printer::moveToReal(IGNORE_COORDINATE, IGNORE_COORDINATE, RMath::max(EEPROM::zProbeBedDistance() + (EEPROM::zProbeHeight() > 0 ? EEPROM::zProbeHeight() : 0), static_cast<float>(ZHOME_HEAT_HEIGHT)), IGNORE_COORDINATE, Printer::homingFeedrate[Z_AXIS]);

Changing the value ZHOME_HEAT_HEIGHT 0 and Z_PROBE_BED_DISTANCE 2, now works correctly. I figured that with Z_PROBE_REQUIRES_HEATING 0, I would not have to worry about the parameters relative to that. But now it's settled.