Melzi V2 Tronxy X1 firmware not working

Hi, i bought a new Melzi board as a replacement for the original one, i had no problems flashing the bootloader trough SPI and no problems running some test code (i wrote a simple code to turn on and off a pin and checked it with the oscilloscope, so the micro is indeed kind of working and the code uploads fine). My issue starts after the firmware is uploaded , i get nothing on the LCD and the "debug" LED is constantly on. I downloaded this firmware from Github (https://github.com/dennistimmermann/tronxy-x1_repetier) already configured for the Tronxy X1, but i'm wondering if maybe it have the wrong pinout for my specific board.

Comments

• Yes 63 is melzi board so named pins should be correct. Can you communicate with printer?

Can't say if led definition matches yours. Don't have the printer.
  • Repetier said:
    Yes 63 is melzi board so named pins should be correct. Can you communicate with printer?

Can't say if led definition matches yours. Don't have the printer.
    i can't communicate with the printer in any way, i tried octoprint and repetier host.
  • I think i'm going to check every connection on my board to see if there are any differences.. I found the section of the melzi board with all the pin definitions but i don't quite understand what pin numbering is used, in the datasheet for the Atmega1284p pins are numbered by registers. Maybe the pinout is correct but for some reason the compiler chose the wrong one? how the IDE knows what pinout has to define?
  • You select the board before compiling - in your case sanguino board. That has the mapping. Also form that we see your board and select correct mapping in fastio.h.