Linux mint installation problem, Repetier don't see Tevo Flash and reduce speed of computer

hallo
here Enrico from Italy
i have a Linux Mint Kernel: 4.15.0-45-generic x86_64 (64 bit) Desktop: Cinnamon 3.6.7  Distro: Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia
i have a Tevo Flash with Marlin oriinal (pre-installed. V 1.0)
The printer is new, sent to me on november 2018.
I had try download and install both repetier for linux (image and compile)
both have same problems: when i open software it let me change settings but when i go to choose firmware type he only accept AUTODETECT, i can0't select Marlin or others
i can change parameters, but when i press connect nothing happend, from tty list i know i have it connected on ttyUSB0
i have try other solution, nothing happend.
i have try repetier onwindows 10 and it work, it comunicate and i can move manually the tevo
evenif i have an error there too: nothing happend when i try command manually the extrusor....
i wait help....
thank you

Comments

• Firmware selector is not working, known bug so autodetect has to do and normally does as you see in windows.

Often extruder only work when they are hot. Also make sure dry run is not enabled.

Same settings like on windows should work. Linux has problems with non ansi baud rates. C# does not support it, so we try to achieve this by calling an external script. So if your baud rate is 250000 that also might be a problem.

One good solution also for stability is use Repetier-Server for printing and connecting to printer. In host you can use instead of serial connector a Repetier-server connector so you can still fully use the printer using host. But print would also continue if host is stopped. Also server has no problems with non ansi baud rates.