N17 M300 P30 *69
N18 M0 Insert 3mm Flat Endmill *74
M117 Auto homing
N18 G28 *10
N19 G1 Z5.000 F300.000 *42
Error:Line Number is not Last Line Number+1, Last Line: 18
Resend: 19
Resend: N19 G1 Z5.000 F300.000 *42
From what I understand, the M117 has no line number and checksum in order to work properly with Marlin, which is fine (it does indeed work). However, the line after the M117 gets the wrong line number, colliding with the line before the M117. You can see in the above output that the G28 was never executed.

Is there a fix or workaround for this? For now, I'll have to filter out all M117s from my G-code which is not ideal.

Thanks!

Comments

• Which host version do you use. Checking 2.1.3 it looks like it would send M117 with line number. Older versions seem to have omitted line numbers.

What is more interesting in your sample is that you have 2 different lines N18. Does your source contain line numbers?
  • I'm using Repetier-Host Mac 1.1.0.

My source does NOT contain line numbers. That's why I've submitted this bug: my Repetier-Host numbers the line before and after the M117 with the same number (and therefore never executing the 2nd one).
  • After several destroyed work pieces, and hours of searching and trial runs, I can confirm that this is still an issue on Repetier Host for Mac, v1.2.0. as of 04 March 2020.

The M117 command results in an error like this:
    < 6:17:13 pm: Error:Line Number is not Last Line Number+1, Last Line: 2349

In my case this resulted in the preceding line being ignored. This line raised the spindle up above the workpiece before a travel move. Consequently the tool sliced through the workpiece.

Please advise if this is a fix that is still in progress?

• Guess it is still there. Best solution would be to use repetier-server for sending gcodes directly. It is more stable, in active development and I'm quite sure it does not send checksum to marlin printers for the known problem some older firmwares have with that.