repetier host on chromebook

Will repetier host run on a chromebook

Comments

• I don't think it will work out of the box. It works on linux, but chromebooks are quite stripped down versions of linux with some modifications I can not oversee. And host requires quite some resources and chromebooks are also low on that normally. Chromebooks are great to control a repetier-server instance running on a pc connected to the printer as this just requires calling the web interface which is what chromebooks are made for - running everything as web app.
  • Totally works on my pixel Chromebook
  • Installed the latest from the Linux tar, ran the setup as per the read.me found the right baud speed, and it just works. Using ender 3 pro and Google pixel i7
  • carnytom said:
    Installed the latest from the Linux tar, ran the setup as per the read.me found the right baud speed, and it just works. Using ender 3 pro and Google pixel i7
    I just came across this post while trying to see if I could use my Lenovo Chromebook for running Repetier-Host for my MPCNC. @carnytom, can you elaborate as to how you got this working? I just downloaded the Linux version for v. 2.2.4 and I've never really used a Chromebook much before (it's my wife's, but I've been given "permission" to use it for this purpose). I've used Linux in the past, but it's been a few years. The downloaded file is an AppImage file, not a traditional .tar file and I'm not really sure what to do on a Chromebook after downloading the file.