Can't upload Firmware

Hello everybody,

I'm pretty new with 3D Printing. 
2 Weeks ago, i bought a 2nd hand Anet A6 Prusa Mendel i3, 3D Printer.

After playing with Cura and the settings, i was able to print some stuff.
The last days, i have to level the bed after each print.
Because a old firmware (Anet v2 version), is installed, i want to update the firmware to the latest Repetier.

De Arduino IDE can compile the code.
But everytime i want to upload the code, the following error(s) are showing up:

avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer.

Even when i want to update the original ANET A6 firmware, i get a sync error.

Is it normal that, when i pressed  upload code in the Arduino IDE, the printer automatically is resetting?
Because that can maybe explain the sync error(s).....  :/

What i've already tried:

• Removed SD Card
  • Tried 3 different USB cables.
  • Tried other USB busses.
  • Did a fresh install of the Arduino IDE.
  • Tried all of the above on my laptop.....
The COM port i selected, is ofcourse the good one.. :D

I really hope that one of you can help me with this problem.....

Thanks in advance, and for reading this.

Greeettzzzz, 

Here a screenshot:

Comments

• Update. Someone told me that maybe the printer has no Bootloader installed!

So i tried this solution: http://www.instructables.com/id/HOW-TO-FIX-ANET-BRICKED-BOARD-USING-AN-ARDUINO-UNO/

But now i have a related error:

...../hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf -q -q -patmega1284p -cstk500v1 -PCOM6 -b9600 -e -Ulock:w:0x3F:m -Uefuse:w:0xFD:m -Uhfuse:w:0xDE:m -Ulfuse:w:0xD6:m

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0xff

• Reset is required to start board anew so bootloader can take over, so that is ok.

What is important is to select the right board type or uploading will not work and of course having a boot loader is required, also normall one is installed.
  • Repetier said:
    Reset is required to start board anew so bootloader can take over, so that is ok.

What is important is to select the right board type or uploading will not work and of course having a boot loader is required, also normall one is installed.
    Thank you very much. I tried to install a bootloader. But i receive the error code as told in my 2nd post.. :(

• Sorry, but I‘m not familiar with that way of uploading bootloaders. Always had boards with bootloader, also sometimes i also get a timeout. But after some tries it then always worked. Just make sure no other software also tries to access the port, b ut under windows you get then a connection already in use error i think.
  • UPDATE: I was able to burn a Bootloader with a Arduino Uno r3!!!! I made a new connector, with new wiring. Now i could burn the bootloader, WITHOUT any errors....  :D

Now i'm going to try to install the Repetier Firmware.

Thanks for helping me!!
  • UPDATE: When i start the Anet A6, no LCD, NO sound, and NOT one single light on the board.....

When i try to upload the firmware, i'll keep the same errors:

avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer

The COM port is, ofcourse, NOT in use!

• edited May 2018
    Do you have the correct board selected? I looked up the printer and the page said it uses a Sanguino clone? Apparently the Sanguino needs to be added to the Arduino program to show yp on the boards menu?

• The only options i have when i follow this procedure: http://www.instructables.com/id/HOW-TO-FIX-ANET-BRICKED-BOARD-USING-AN-ARDUINO-UNO/, are Anet v1.0 and Anet v1.0 Optiboot.

This is my mainboard:

• OK, I just followed these instructions and installed the Sanguino board into my Arduino 1.8.5. It shows up on the board list now, 
    the package url to add to Arduino IDE is: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Lauszus/Sanguino/master/package_lauszus_sanguino_index.json
    The procedure is here: 
    https://learn.adafruit.com/add-boards-arduino-v164/installing-boards
    After I did the procedure the board showed up in the list
  • Thx. Roko!!! I try this now... I'll keep you posted... :D:D