Home to Z max

Hi, I have a cartesian printer home made, arduino due with Radds, It's working fine, but I want to try homing Z to max endstop. 
The values I'm going to tweak in firmware are: 
#define Z_HOME_DIR 1
#define Z_MAX_LENGTH 210
Do I need to edit other values?
What if my Z axis lenght is a non integer value?

Comments

• 210.4 is also a valid value for z length. You can later change it in eeprom to match exactly your height.

Changes are ok but you need to have a z max endstop defined or it will not stop at top. If you send
    M119
    You should see a z max endstop and triggering by hand should make it show "h"
  • Ok, works fine. The only thing I would change is the speed to reach the extruder preheat position after homing, is it possible? the machine homes fast, print fast, but the movements to reach the preaheat position and the park position after print are very slow.
  • These moves happen at x axis homing feedrate. If your endstops work reliable you can increase this. It will retest with slower speed anyway and you could even reduce retest speed if you increase homing speed.
  • Repetier said:
    210.4 is also a valid value for z length. You can later change it in eeprom to match exactly your height.

Changes are ok but you need to have a z max endstop defined or it will not stop at top. If you send
    M119
    You should see a z max endstop and triggering by hand should make it show "h"
     My endstops are showing H when not triggered, homing brings up paused. Would u be able to help
  • You need to select the inverted end stop type then. At least if they go to L if triggered. Inverting endstop changes H to L.