Help. Calibrate X and Y axis

Hello to the whole community.
my construction of my printer is not perfect, the axes are not perfectly at 90 degrees, or perpendicular. Can this error be compensated by software? I need some sensor ?. Thank you.

Comments

• You need to know the angles of the error, then it can be compensated. You need this function:

/* If your printer is not exactly square but is more like a parallelogram, you can

use this to compensate the effect of printing squares like parallelograms. Set the

parameter to then tangents of the deviation from 90° when you print a square object.

E.g. if you angle is 91° enter tan(1) = 0.017. If error doubles you have the wrong sign.

Always hard to say since the other angle is 89° in this case!

*/

#define FEATURE_AXISCOMP 0

#define AXISCOMP_TANXY 0

#define AXISCOMP_TANYZ 0

#define AXISCOMP_TANXZ 0

Values are stored in eeprom so enabling it will normally cause wrong values in eeprom, so change them after enabling to right values.
  • I have to do something else ?. It does not change me, it follows the same error.
  • #define FEATURE_AXISCOMP 1

#define AXISCOMP_TANXY 0.017

#define AXISCOMP_TANYZ 0

#define AXISCOMP_TANXZ 0

Values are stored in eeprom
  • I have to enable this, to make it work ??

Enable z-correction (DISTORTION_CORRECTION)
  • Enable Z-probing (FEATURE_Z_PROBE)
    Enable axis compensation (requires z-probing enabled, even without z-probe available)

#define FEATURE_AXISCOMP 1

#define AXISCOMP_TANXY 0.176 // 10 grados

#define AXISCOMP_TANYZ 0

#define AXISCOMP_TANXZ 0

Z-probe pin : maxEndStop

M501 //load epromm

////
    No found. No change
  • No z probe required. No autoleveling or distortion correction (which is for bumpy beds)
    #define FEATURE_AXISCOMP 1
    Is all you need to enable it. See this code doing the transformation in BedLeveling.cpp:

/*

Transforms theoretical correct coordinates to corrected coordinates resulting from bed rotation

and shear transformations.

We have 2 coordinate systems. The printer step position where we want to be. These are the positions

we send to printers, the theoretical coordinates. In contrast we have the printer coordinates that

we need to be at to get the desired result, the real coordinates.

*/

void Printer::transformToPrinter(float x, float y, float z, float &transX, float &transY, float &transZ) {

#if FEATURE_AXISCOMP

// Axis compensation:

x = x + y * EEPROM::axisCompTanXY() + z * EEPROM::axisCompTanXZ();

y = y + z * EEPROM::axisCompTanYZ();

#endif

#if BED_CORRECTION_METHOD != 1 && FEATURE_AUTOLEVEL

if(isAutolevelActive()) {

transX = x * autolevelTransformation[0] + y * autolevelTransformation[3] + z * autolevelTransformation[6];

transY = x * autolevelTransformation[1] + y * autolevelTransformation[4] + z * autolevelTransformation[7];

transZ = x * autolevelTransformation[2] + y * autolevelTransformation[5] + z * autolevelTransformation[8];

} else {

transX = x;

transY = y;

transZ = z;

}

#else

transX = x;

transY = y;

transZ = z;

#endif

}

As you see this adds extra x depending on y position multiplied with your value. So moving Y 100mm should move X 100*0.176 = 17.6 mm in your 10° test.