Using Repetier Host 1.0.6 with PrintrBot Simple Metal

For some reason, when I manually preheat the bed and extuder, the bed output go up as expected. When I click on Print to start printing (when  I am nto quite at temperature yet). the bed output drops slowly to 0 even though the bed temperature is still increasing. Once the bed temperature setpoint is reached the bed output starts climbing as it should,

This only seems to be an issue with the bed temperature control. The extruder temperature control seems to work as expected.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Sounds strange and I never have seen this. I'd really like to see a screenshot of this as I can not image how such a behaviour can happen so I assume a misunderstanding.
  • It is repeatable. Here is a picture. When I clicked print you can see the temperature setpoints change then the bed output drops quickly. I don't believe the bed outout is actually dropping as the bed temperature continues to increase.

• In output the green background is output. The slow changing curve is average output.

I guess the reason is something firmware related. Which firmware are you using (type, version, heat manager type). Also what does the log say - any hints about detected errors, changes in returned temperatures (check real log file not log inside host which hides temperature responses)