Z endstop offset

I've got a printer with one of the escher3d IR probes as a z probe. no other Z endstop. it triggers when the nozzle is 2.5mm off the bed, and so that's where the machine stops. is there any way i can add an offset so when it triggers it then moves the bed up the required amount? i can't easily move the probe up

Comments

• Z_PROBE_HEIGHT  can be altered in the eeprom settings 
  • tried that, it didn't change anything unfortunately, it won't home properly

• You need to define z probe and z min endstop as the same pin. Then firmware detects this and goes down the h probe height on homing. Use a homing order with preheat to allow homing at a given position. Set homing temperature to 0.
  • Ok, i'm a noob to repetier-firmware (first 8bit board, i usually use 32bit) how do i do this? i've got the right pin assigned afaik, i'm using an mks gen board, got z probe pin as 24.
  • #define Z_MIN_PIN 24
    #define Z_PROBE_PIN 24

resp. the setting in config tool. That makes firmware detect that z min is no endstop but the zprobe.

• aha ok, thanks. i'll throw that in my config.h and see what happens. thanks
  • hasn't changed anything unfortunately, i added those settings and change z probe height but it still won;t put the bed at the right height
  • changed something and it worked, but i forgot which setting i changed and now it's still about 0.75mm off the bed, i just dialed in an offset in the position settings, got a successful first print, if i hit save to eeprom does that save that offset?
  • Save eeprom stores result for next prints, yes.

There are some other variables that influence this like bed coating and 

#define ENDSTOP_Z_BACK_ON_HOME 0

also get added after homing triggers plus z probe correction. So maybe one of them is not set correctly as well.
  • what is the z probe bed distance option?
  • Distance to bed when starting autoleveling.
  • hmm, the offset doesn't save. oh well